Cathay Pacific: Who stole the Salt and Pepper

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

You can still get the salt and pepper, but I must say it does irk me. Now I all for avoiding unnecessary waste, so if in economy/premium economy you don’t get S&P but have to ask for it, fair enough – what isn’t wanted won’t be wasted. But it really does annoy me that in J we no longer get the S&P shakers but have to ask for S&P which then comes in plastic-and-foil containers.

Interestingly, on a recently flight on Cathay Dragon in J (obviously a regional flight) we were given proper S&P shakers. So CX’s regional subsidiary provides shakers, but the long haul parent doesn’t. Bizarre…

stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=921111]You can still get the salt and pepper, but I must say it does irk me. Now I all for avoiding unnecessary waste, so if in economy/premium economy you don’t get S&P but have to ask for it, fair enough – what isn’t wanted won’t be wasted. But it really does annoy me that in J we no longer get the S&P shakers but have to ask for S&P which then comes in plastic-and-foil containers.

Interestingly, on a recently flight on Cathay Dragon in J (obviously a regional flight) we were given proper S&P shakers. So CX’s regional subsidiary provides shakers, but the long haul parent doesn’t. Bizarre…[/quote]

and to add insult, the crew usually dont have them so they have to go to the galley and the salt is grains are huge! bite into one at your peril.
    has anyone try the Betsy craft beer on board yet? launched about 2 years ago it was specifically a craft beer to be drunk at altitude, a friend of mine got me a case which i enjoyed at sea level but i never saw it on a flight

https://news.cathaypacific.com/cathay-pacific-introduces-betsy-beer-the-world-s-first-hand-crafted-bottled-beer-brewed-to-be-enjoyed-at-35-000ft-by-using-a-combination-of-science-and-traditional-brewing-methods-betsy-beer-is-a-high-quality-craft-ale-that-has-travel-in-it-171959

woodyhoo
    Participant

I just did my first flight with CX travelling DUB-HKG-BKK…biz class

I have to say i was impressed by the attitude of all staff.

Seat was comfortable ,service prompt.

They handled an issue very well when the pax beside me woke up and went a bit gaga.

He was an older guy and i think a combo of drink and meds made him disorientated.

He tried to climb over the console between our seats knocking over my glass of water ,soaking my magazines and my right side.

They calmed him down and got him back in his seat ,kept an eye on him for the rest of the flight.

Food was ok ,but not to the standard of QR.

Still no salt and pepper!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls