Which set of incompetent dumbkopf's ran out of Champage before lunch?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Tongue and cheek FDOS …….

I’ve been dipping in and out of the most current fly on the wall TV programme about LHR and you’re right……..
    The storyboard dedicated to 1st class travel used Emirates and they made a big fuss about champagne and how much was quaffed and how important it was to meet the expectations of their Premium passengers when it came to maintaining supplies of the bubbly beverage.

So they have let you down and just as importantly themselves !!

Ray Malendewicz
    Participant

FDOS,

Your comment regarding contractual obligations is a fair and reasonable point.

Having read some of your previous posts I was not surprised by your other comments as it was not the first, and I am sure it will not be the last, attempt at trying to put someone down.

From it and others you have made I wonder if by any chance you are related to Donald Trump.

Ray Malendewicz
    Participant

Please ignore my last comment. it was uncalled for and I regret making it.

capetonianm
    Participant

I cannot believe that people can attach so much importance to a glass of sparkling wine.

Bad service, uncomfortable seating, insufficient luggage space, lost luggage, badly handled delays, poor information, non-functioning IFE, lousy food, etc, all those are things I will possibly complain about vociferously. But a glass of sparkling wine …………. please!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856935]FDOS,

Your comment regarding contractual obligations is a fair and reasonable point.

Having read some of your previous posts I was not surprised by your other comments as it was not the first, and I am sure it will not be the last, attempt at trying to put someone down.

From it and others you have made I wonder if by any chance you are related to Donald Trump.[/quote]

Well, snowflake, if you don’t like put downs, better not to post compost personal attacks like this

How awful for you. It must have been a traumatic experience for you being able only you drink wines, beer, spirits, mixers and water.
    How did you cope?

I am surprised that the airline did not declare an emergency and return to get more supplies.

You must be suffering from PTSD and I wonder if you will demand a refund of your fare.

Seriously I think this says more about you, entitlement and ‘Do you know who I am’ rather than an airline not providing you with a glass of champagne.

My uncle Donald would forgive your last comment.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856937]I cannot believe that people can attach so much importance to a glass of sparkling wine.

Bad service, uncomfortable seating, insufficient luggage space, lost luggage, badly handled delays, poor information, non-functioning IFE, lousy food, etc, all those are things I will possibly complain about vociferously. But a glass of sparkling wine …………. please![/quote]

It’s a strange thing in life that people often do not understand why people attach so much importance to things they do not value much.

Having said that, I posted a question asking people to guess the airline, as I was interested in how long it would take someone to get it right and also to see who people would assume was the carrier – the responses were actually quite interesting,

Ray Malendewicz
    Participant

Well, snowflake, if you don’t like put downs, better not to post compost personal attacks like this.

No I regret making the comment because I did not want to sink to your level.

midorosan2
    Participant

The last six words do not form part of the quote, Churchill was much more subtle than that, the lady by the way was Bessie Braddock.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856946]Well, snowflake, if you don’t like put downs, better not to post compost personal attacks like this.

No I regret making the comment because I did not want to sink to your level.[/quote]

You sank below my level with your first post, mate.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Well, since you refer to dumbkopfs, I am going to guess it was Lufthansa.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Hello Ian, that was a bit of gentle distraction 😉

The culprit was Emirates.

By way of contrast, I took a Y flight with the same firm, yesterday and the service (in context) was way better than the business class experience.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Gosh, people on here are getting very sensitive, aren’t they? The number of reports for inappropriate comments seems to be growing day by day.

Anyone who feels personally offended by my (lighthearted) reference to the Luftwaffe is welcome to send their complaints to my maternal grandfather – long since deceased, killed by a bomb dropped by the aforementioned.

capetonianm
    Participant

IanFromHKG
    +1

Some people are too damn sensitive and PC.

canucklad
    Participant

I too have been reported and I’m 1/2 Canadian : ) !

capetonianm
    Participant

It might be a good idea for anyone who wishes to report ‘inappropriate content’ to have to stand accountable for doing so, by adding their username and a reason.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls