Which set of incompetent dumbkopf's ran out of Champage before lunch?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

• travelworld2
    Participant

As it’s FDOS, BA?

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Emirates?

On one of their flights they could not offer me Red Wine, Why?, they didn’t have a corkscrew to open the bottle in J, only option was a mini bottle they brought from Y which was unpalatable.

travelworld2
    Participant

it won’t be Kuwait, Brunei or Saudi as I think they are dry anyway. Lufthansa, Austrian or Royal Jordanian?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Do Net Jets have J…?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856731]Emirates?

On one of their flights they could not offer me Red Wine, Why?, they didn’t have a corkscrew to open the bottle in J, only option was a mini bottle they brought from Y which was unpalatable.[/quote]

Well done Viajero, it was indeed Emirates.

Ray Malendewicz
    Participant

How awful for you. It must have been a traumatic experience for you being able only you drink wines, beer, spirits, mixers and water.
    How did you cope?

I am surprised that the airline did not declare an emergency and return to get more supplies.

You must be suffering from PTSD and I wonder if you will demand a refund of your fare.

Seriously I think this says more about you, entitlement and ‘Do you know who I am’ rather than an airline not providing you with a glass of champagne.

esselle
    Participant

Dear Ray

J without Champagne is like scones without jam, teacakes without butter, soldiers without Marmite……….should I go on?

Far more importantly, the quality of Champagne is fundamental, and a lot of airlines are findings ways of offering it without breaking the bank, which is daft in the extreme because you can get sparkling wines these days which most folk have never even heard of but which are far better quality than some of the rubbish being served by some airlines.

However, running out is simply not on.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856774]Seriously I think this says more about you, entitlement and ‘Do you know who I am’ rather than an airline not providing you with a glass of champagne.[/quote]

The contractual obligation of giving money to the airline entitles the passenger to the advertised product, which in this case includes the opportunity to “Match your meal with something from our selection of six award winning wines plus fine champagne and vintage port, selected annually by our sommeliers”.

The more I think about your post, the more it seems it says that your shoe size is a significant ratio to your IQ.

Have a nice day.

openfly
    Participant

In all honesty…who cares!??

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=856774]
    You must be suffering from PTSD and I wonder if you will demand a refund of your fare.

PTSD? Is that Pour The S*dding Drinks?

canucklad
    Participant

I meant to reply to this when I first read it at the weekend ……..

Ahhh, 1st world problems ……………

Anyway FDOS, I hope you don’t mind but I’ve sent of an e-mail to the White House highlighting the traumatic situation you found yourself in, due to the negligence of Emirates…….

You’ll be pleased to know that Trumps’ top people are on the case and are re-arranging his tete- a- tete with Kim Jong-un, thus allowing him more time to focus on this problem : )

By the way, I was amused that a few fellow contributors assumed that you were flying the flag !!

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=856909]I meant to reply to this when I first read it at the weekend ……..

Anyway FDOS, I hope you don’t mind but I’ve sent of an e-mail to the White House highlighting the traumatic situation you found yourself in, due to the negligence of Emirates…….

Clearly very traumatised. Not only was there the incorrect spelling of Dumm-kopf, but also the wholly inappropriate use of an apostrophe.

I wonder if the 2 units of alcohol referred to by the OP were both Melchizedeks

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856918]I wonder if the 2 units of alcohol referred to by the OP were both Melchizedeks[/quote]

No 😉 a glass of the Widow.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856918]Clearly very traumatised. Not only was there the incorrect spelling of Dumm-kopf, but also the wholly inappropriate use of an apostrophe.[/quote]

The misspelling of the word and the baker’s apostrophe was irony.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856909]I meant to reply to this when I first read it at the weekend ……..

You’ll be pleased to know that Trumps’ top people are on the case and are re-arranging his tete- a- tete with Kim Jong-un, thus allowing him more time to focus on this problem : )

By the way, I was amused that a few fellow contributors assumed that you were flying the flag !![/quote]

For once, I don’t agree with you Canucklad, failure to deliver an advertised part of the value proposition is not a passenger first world problem – I would suggest the inability to obtain’s one’s ‘usual seat’ or not getting a blocked adjacent seat would fall under that heading – it was never promised, however disappointing.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls