Which major airline?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• icenspice
    Participant

….makes it impossible to change/cancel a booking online (systems not responding….try again later).

Well, this is urgent and your phone line closes at 20:00.

Completely fed up. Thank goodness I started divorce proceedings two years ago ?

onajetplane
    Participant

@icenspice – exactly the same thing happened to me today (and yesterday). I did however resolve the issue eventually by switching from chrome to firefox and it worked fine so maybe worth a try to change browsers?

miningguy
    Participant

I booked a flight today, and for some reason, it had automatically deducted “50,000 avios to reduce the flight cost by £300” from my account. I always decline this option as I am not the one paying for my flights. I called the gold line and the helpful chap on the phone explained that he had had a number of customers with the same problem today. Unfortunately the only option was for them to cancel the ticket and for me to purchase a new one. A bit frustrating and time consuming but relieved that I got the Avios back (my wife would have been less than amused)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I too have had problems in the past booking in chrome as opposed to Firefox. Curiously researching fares this week with my son, the same route/date/class was cheaper using Firefox than using Safari on his ipad!

planegeek
    Participant

So maybe more an IT issue than a BA one? Don’t get me wrong, I wish BA were doing things very differently but this is getting very boring now

JohnHarper
    Participant

[quote quote=770657]So maybe more an IT issue than a BA one? Don’t get me wrong, I wish BA were doing things very differently but this is getting very boring now

[/quote]

Are you suggesting that BA are not responsible for the performance of their IT systems? Most sensible companies have removed the services from India on the basis of performance. As that was happening BA outsourced theirs to India no doubt picking up some under performing slack in the Indian market for an all time bargain. They have clearly got what they deserved and it all helps them on the slippery slope to the bottom.

planegeek
    Participant

No, I am suggesting that this person was using a sub optimal browser for that transaction. It happens, and is why I use two regularly.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

People will use the browsers they are used to – the scale of BA should enable them to work across all major browsers. If not a clear message should tell consumers which is best browser to use for purchases rather than f*** things up. I had an issue with Southern Rail recently to be told that purchases can only be done on Chrome. Which is fine. But nowhere on the site does it tell you that – when it should be shouting it at you rather me shouting at the computer for not being able to complete simple transaction.

icenspice
    Participant

Thanks for your suggestion, onajetplane, but that didn’t work either (along with Safari and Chrome).

BTW, this is far from the first time I have encountered this problem with BA bookings. My regional call centre closes at 19:00 and does not exist at the weekend!

I think that an airline such as BA should have a 24/7 line.

We are all encouraged to check in online. Never had a problem with that…but changing a simple itinerary appears to be too much.

Anyway, I got it all sorted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls