Which Lounge in Hong Kong

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

flier74
    Participant

We are transitting through Hong Kong soon and are going on a BA Flight in First. As I am unfamiliar with HKG, which lounge to use can you recommend? We are looking to relax with a couple of drinks and have a dining option due to the late departure of this flight and we are arriving from BKK on CX. Any advice is much appreciated.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Do you have oneworld status? If so, use one of the Cathay lounges, if not you will have to use the QF lounge.

flier74
    Participant

Yes CXDiamond, we both hold BA Gold/OW Emerald Status. There just seem to be so many lounges to choose from

first_class_please
    Participant

flier74, have a look at this link from when i posted the same question in 2011.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Which-Lounge-to-use-in-Hong-Kong#postn_26467

flier74
    Participant

Thank you for your replies CXDiamond and firstclassplease, looks like we will be in the CX lounge then.

thebigseats
    Participant

The best experience will be Cathay Pacific’s The Wing First Class Lounge. A private cabana (for bath/shower – waaaay better than BAs lamentable cabanas in T5) Waiter service dining in the lounge restaurant (The Haven – & some restaurant quality dishes unlike some lounges) followed by drinks at the Champagne bar.

Very civilised. I will return in a few weeks for more of the same.

esselle
    Participant

I would agree that the newly re-opened CX First lounge in the East Hall is the place to go.

Food and service provided by the Peninsula.

The BA F lounge is actually not that bad, but CX trumps it in both the food and wine quality.

flier74
    Participant

Well I am alreadygetting slightly excited hehe 2 transfers in HKG so am sure we can make the most of it
    Thanks again for the helpful replies

SCF
    Participant

I agree – CX is the best. The BA lounge seems overcrowded by comparison. But please check their respective closing time. CX and QF may not have late late flights, so they may close early. I usually fly back to Cape Town at 11:45 pm, so I know the CX lounge will stay open past midnight. Also, I remember BA doesn’t serve champagne. CX does.

BA744fan
    Participant

I am flying Club World back to LHR later in the year. I have used the Qantas Business Lounge in the past but was wondering if I would have access to any other lounges? Sadly not Silver, Gold or OW member so I imagine the answer is no.

highspeed1
    Participant

Hi flier74
    Based on many transits of HKG would recommend CX’s The Wing First Class section – can be very crowded at certain times, but has good food and beverages and huge cabanas with all necessities for a good spruce-up between flights.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls