Which hotel groups offer lifetime elite status?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Marriott offers lifetime elits status, whereby once you have crossed a certain threshold, you are comped status for life (yours, or the programme’s, whichever endures longest!).

It’s fair to say that airlines which offer this benefit are higher risk, being a more cyclical industry.

But the hotel groupings do sem to be worthwhile, especially if your work pattern means you often stay in one property, and the lifetime perks are another incentive to stay loyal throughout your career.

Marriott has such an offering, with the qualification levels revised only last year to make achieving status more possible:

Years enrolled in the program and nights stayed will not change (Platinum, Gold and Silver Elite Lifetime still requires 12 years participation in the program. Platinum Lifetime requires 750 nights stayed and paid for, Gold requires 500 paid nights and Silver 250 paid nights. The new points threshold will be as follows:

-Silver Elite Lifetime – 1.5 million points now 1.2 million points.

-Gold Elite Lifetime – 2 million points now 1.6 million points

-Platinum Elite Lifetime – 3 million points now lowered to 2 million points”

…are there other similar schemes?

everhopeful
    Participant

starwood have lifetime gold minimum 5 years gold status and 250 nights (award nights count towards total) lifetime platinum requires minimum 10 years platinum status and 500 nights,again award stays count. Seems better than marriott although would still take a while to achieve

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am worryingly close to the Gold threshold for Marriott; handy for free internet and brekky.

Worth knowing that accrual of airline miles does not count towards your lifetime points total.

asalspammer1
    Participant

I spend 250 nights a year in hotels, and I am always interested in other guests’ view and opinion.

Senator
    Participant

Hilton recently introduced a Diamond VIP Lifetime level:

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promotions/lifetime-diamond/terms.html

I need to find out how close I am 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

will get there eventually with SPG.. but currently they are not being helpful by not allowing my first Plat year… its either 2 more or 3 more…

canucklad
    Participant

Clearly not IHG ……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls