Which business class lounge at Dallas Fort Worth?

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

helenhaynes
    Participant

Can anyone give me any information about which Business Class lounge to use at Dallas Fort Worth…BA or AA?…as we are flying with both airlines in and out. Thanks

Bath_VIP
    Participant

I would also be interested in this as I am flying DFW-LHR in a few weeks.

I have used the AA lounge before and it is a huge lounge (but then everything is bigger in Texas…). The size is not apparent because there are a lot of dividing walls to create a sense of privacy. Standard AA fare in terms of food & drink.

Olneyflyer
    Participant

I use both the AA and BA lounges monthly at DFW. I would choose the BA lounge as the AA equivalent can get very busy especially as its AA’s primary hub airport. The BA lounge is a ‘one fits all’ lounge having recently done away with the separate First section. Normal fair in the way of food (sandwiches/soup/salad) and occasionally staff come around offering small sweet selections and tapas type tasters. I would arrive early as even though there is only one BA flight per day there seems to be a lot of transiting gold members using AA’s regional connections to Mexico.

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

The BA lounge at DFW is a third party lounge and available only to BA pax. If you’re flying AA, you’ll have to use the Admirals lounge.

I believe a new AA Flagship lounge has opened within the Admirals lounge in Terminal D.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Neither can be worse than United’s lounge at Newark! More on this later.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Neither can be worse than United’s lounge at Newark! More on this later.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@TheRealBabushka – 10/11/2015 20:33 GMT

TheRealBabushka (love that handle) is 100% correct. I flew recently on AA metal but BA code share flight DFW to LED via LHR, and was turned away from the BA lounge, and not in a very friendly manner. When I asked by saying but I booked via BA, and it is a BA flight number, they just repeated “You are on an AA Aircraft, so you must use the AA lounge, this lounge is only for those flying on BA.” They were terribly rude. I sent an email to BA about this, but the usual response of we will share this information, we try bla bla, etc., etc.

The AA Admirals Club is OK, the alcohol and wine offerings are not great, but if you’re flying Club or First you will receive vouchers for premium brands, but no real champagne on offer even in Premium selection. I was amazed that DFW did not have a Flagship lounge when I was there, but comfort wise, the Admirals club near the International gates is very comfortable just limited in F&B when compared to International Airline Lounges.

Tim2soza
    Participant

In the international terminal at DFW there are a set of lounges for the non US airlines that are operated by a third party. They are called The Club at DFW and are located in Terminal D between Gates D21-D22. (Take a lift to the main reception.) Opening hours: Daily, approximately 4 hours prior to departure. Note you can purchase access for $35 if you don’t have a qualifying ticket or airline status.

On approaching the main reception, you will be greeted and directed to the lounge allocated to your airline. Each lounge has a flat screen outside it displaying the airline’s name so there are easy to find. In addition, there are shower facilities available on the same level as reception. The food offering is better in Qantas than BA, and both are better than the AA lounge.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I am also amazed that AA do not offer a Flagship lounge at their largest hub – quite bizarre.

I have found previously, travelling either J international or F domestic as a oneworld emerald (so I am not sure which of these factors came into play!) that if you ask nicely it is quite possible to get more than the standard two coupons for premium drinks. I normally ask at the lounge entrance when they are handed out (usually saying something about a lengthy layover or my brain being in a different timezone!). Sometimes they give them to me straight away, sometimes they say I should go to the reception desk inside. Either way it hasn’t been a problem.

Happy travels!

helenhaynes
    Participant

Hi everyone…many thanks for your replies…we are flying BA business from LHR to DFW then BA Business but on a MD80 from DFW to Puerto Vallarta (but this has both a BA and AA tag). We then reverse the flights on the way home so I guess we will get to experience both the lounges.

Thanks for all the tips and advice as this is the first time we have flown this route…xxH

Rosmolady
    Participant

also if you have an American Express platinum card you can access the centurion lounge in terminal d which is far superior in term so food and drink. If you have a regular card, I believe you can pay $50 to go in

dutchyankee
    Participant

@Rosmolady – 12/11/2015 14:08 GMT

I didn’t know there was an AMEX Centurion Lounge in DFW. If it is anything like the one I used in Las Vegas, then it will be leaps and bounds better than any other lounge in the terminal. The one in Vegas is superb (had an amazing Breakfast offer when I was there, with true premium beverages as well although too early for me to make use of them), so in DFW I would hope it is of the same quality. Great to know for my next trip through! Excellent information.

icenspice
    Participant

You are correct TheRealBabushka.

I was in the Admirals lounge Terminal D on Monday evening and there is now a Flagship Dining area, opened earlier this month. I didn’t use it, so am not able to comment.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls