Which business class AA or BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

neilsoaj
    Participant

Will be flying to Orlando in May (Business Class)next year and fancy trying the new American Airlines Business.I know I will have to connect in either JFK or MIA
    I’m a BA gold Card member but wondering can anyone confirm which flights the new AA Business. Class in operating on

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello neilsoaj

The surest way to know is to opt for an AA flight operated by a B777-300ER. These newish planes were factory-fitted with the new business class by Boeing.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/boeing-777-300ER.jsp?anchorLocation=DirectURL&title=fly777

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hi Neil

I’ve just flown the new AA product in November, I personally don’t think it is worth the connect and would choose BA direct. The seat is good but the service and food was decidedly average, and JFK is a nightmare for immigration.

AFAIK, the new plane isn’t on the Miami route yet.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

about the only advantage of BA business class over its competitors, you know what you are going to get.

This does sometimes make me cautious about trying other airlines.. I am heading to Florida in 2 weeks time & have all the usual choices… currently opted for VS – but may change to BA…

Looked at AA – happily go via MIA, but not on old stock….

Its about time the airlines were a more transparent with what they are selling…

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

neilsoaj – 26/12/2013 21:41 GMT

Just a thought, have you considered flying Aer Lingus and connecting in Dublin, rather than the US?

Their seat is not as good as BA or new AA (on a par with old AA), but the service is fab and the pre-clearance at Dublin means you get your bags and arrive as a domestic pax at Orlando.

That would sway it for me, YMMV.

Pat Jordan did a great review of this service

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Aer-Lingus-A330-300-Business-2

travelworld2
    Participant

No the new AA aircraft aren’t on the Miami route yet. Compared with old AA, BA wins hands down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls