Which airport lounge surprises the most

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Anonymous

Andrew66
    Participant

I’m here in iyanola lounge ( you can all google to find out where ) !! ! It’s really pleasant the barman is serving me very strong rum and cokes and there is a smoking area and everyone is chilled out and laid back a really nice way to relax before my flight back to the UK , which lounge has given you a a surprise despite not being ultra modern and futuristic ?

SwissExPat
    Participant

There is a lounge in Bologna Airport which I accessed using a Priority Pass. It was perfectly normal in all regards, okay food and wine selection etc.. However it had a Killer advantage over all other lounges I’ve ever been in….

…… It had its own security access to Airside.

I breezed through the xRay and screening without any of the hassle.

Absolute joy!!!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have experienced several where the word “shocked” would be more appropriate than “surprised”!

Pleasant surprises – all Bangkok Airways lounges – which are available to all passengers including economy. That’s a nice surprise in itself!

esselle
    Participant

Anybody tried the business lounge in CAI, old terminal (T1?). It is common use, and on the buffet I found a jar of instant coffee, a white plastic spoon, and a kettle………..and this in 2013!

esselle (:-)

or Beirut? The unsmiling hostess wearing a winter overcoat noted my name down. When the barman eventually appeared I asked for a bottle of water and made a sharpish exit.

This is the lounge used by several airlines, including BA.

Pierre
    Participant

Years ago,
    The F class lounge in CPT
    Nowadays the F LH terminals, CDG AF Premiere service.

canucklad
    Participant

In all honesty……Galleries at T5……The South lounge…….

Wasn’t expecting it to be so expansive , really enjoyed my time there…….

The North was a bit more ….ordinary!………Although not strictly an airline lounge Galways departure lounge is definately very Irish !!.

Str8Talking
    Participant

Gulf Air’s lounge at LHR T4. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was quiet when I travelled through, and the service was very personable – I doubt it would happen on a full flight, but it was still great, with floor to ceiling runway views! Great bar and good food.

rferguson
    Participant

For me, the Comair (BA) domestic lounges in South Africa. Especially Cape Town and Jo’burg. Great decor, roomy, manned bar, barista in the daytime and great help yourself food options. And even a free massage.

Fairbairn2
    Participant

The best : Etihad lounge at T4 LHR.
    The worst : has to be at CAI scruffy sofas and a plastic cup of water!

Shearer
    Participant

Best: Shongolongo Lounge, Johannesburg
    Worst: BidAir Lounge, Johannesburg or most Servisair London efforts.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Best: QR at LHR, it’s an amazing lounge and sets the tone for what we should expect. It’s in a different league to any other lounge at LHR. Also, any LH F lounge at FRA.

I can think of a few that disappoint but none which I would say qualify as ‘worst’.

Shandy01
    Participant

Completely agree re QR lounge at T4. Experienced it earlier this month for the first time and am looking forward to returning soon. I sacrificed my silver BAEC status by opting for QR – no regrets!

JohnHarper
    Participant

The QR lounge is all the more amazing when you consider it is a C lounge. It beats the Concorde Room hands down never mind the BA C lounges. The other best ones for me include TPR in SIN and the LH F terminal at F.

Worst, any non KL lounge at AMS, there is no standard so it’s a real race for the bottom.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls