Which Airlines are you using

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• TonyR
    Participant

I was Gold tier at Virgin for many years and their routes suited my destinations at the time. But then had some bad customer service experiences with them so switched to BA and Gold status there. Currently hold Gold with both but doubt it will last long with either now. Virgin has dropped most of its Far East routes – Japan 5 years ago and now Hong Kong meaning the earning opportunities are much fewer for me and BA is currently not flying there either. So ANA and JAL, which I haven’t flown for 30 years, are the only options to Japan currently. That enforced use of other airlines, the bars on travel and flights to e.g. China, the easiness of Zoom to replace many trips and the difficulty redeeming points means the opportunity to maintain status becomes nigh on impossible so there is no longer any benefit in airline loyalty – at least not for me. Fortunately I am able to travel mainly business class which means you already get most of the perks of loyalty cards such as check-ins and lounges although how much longer that will last with current fares is unclear.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Up until very recently almost all of my personal travel was with One World as I was living in Eastern Europe and was flying to my home in Florida near Daytona Beach (only AA and DL fly into DAB). For my business trips in Europe, I was using Star Alliance carriers, mainly LO, LH, and OS. Now my circumstances have changed, and I will not be Gold with BA for the first time in nearly 30 years, as I am now flying more regularly with AF due to destinations in Africa, and I must say, AF has impressed me on all long-haul sectors (not so much on short haul, where food was lacking). It’s good to spread your business around a bit as circumstances change and I’m enjoying experiencing new airlines or airlines I haven’t flown with for so very long in deference to One World carriers. Next Month venturing back on KQ whom I haven’t flown with since the 90’s.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls