Where would you stay in Tokyo that's best for first timer visiting?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• maxgeorge
    Participant

it hardly matters where you go, or where you stay: Japan is an absolute delight.

rodders
    Participant

The Peninsula is great, and the Park Hyatt, I also have used the Andaz (but its more of a business hotel).
    A great place to visit.

Tramor01
    Participant

When in Tokyo I usually use either the Westin which is a short walk from Ebisu station or Sheraton Miyako which runs a shuttle bus to Meguro and Shnagawa stations. Both are conveniently located for Shibuya and Shinjuku

K1ngston
    Participant

I agree with Tramoro1 about the Westin, a little outside the rat race but a delightful location nonetheless and the airport bus goes directly to the hotel from Narita which is a bonus! However for ease I would choose the Intercontinental, centrally located and ease of transport links to all parts of the city are good!

But as someone else noted wherever you stay in Tokyo you are going to have an amazing time ….

1 user thanked author for this post.

MichaelEdward
    Participant

I travel to Tokyo often and always prefer a hotel that has a balcony or windows that open. My most recent preferred choice is Insomnia in Akasaka. The rooms are large and our 55 sq\m room had a kitchen area with a microwave.

Convenient for connecting with the 2 main subway stops Akasaka station(chiyoda line) and Akasaka-mitsuke (ginza line).

You should check a new website I found which shows hotel floor maps, reviews and photos. It encourages travelers to take a picture of the floormap on the back of the hotel room door and post it with your reviews, photos and comments. I was happy to find Insomnia had been reviewed…check it out https://keytomyroom.com/listing/innsomnia-hotel-tokyo/

cwoodward
    Participant

We used to Have an office in Tokyo and I spent several weeks a year there over a 12 year period

We stayed and entertained at the Imperial most of the time occasionally trying other hotels but always returning to the Imperial

it is a top end Hotel ‘a Mandarin with Japanese graciousness”

You wont do better in Tokyo………but is not inexpensive. Probably about 20% more costly than the several other high end 5 stars mentioned above.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls