Where to stay at Manchester airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

This month sees the opening of the Ibis Budget Manchester Airport, part of the £1 billion Airport City Manchester development, with the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport set to follow in early 2023.

We’ve published a round-up of properties at and around the UK’s fourth largest airport, but would love to hear readers’ experiences of the hotels, or any that we might have missed…

Where to stay at Manchester airport

Midlands Traveller
    Participant

It was some years ago now but I was studiously working at the desk in my room at the Crowe Plaza Manchester Airport when I heard a little rattling at the door and another gentleman entered, to our mutual surprise. He had apparently been given the same room.

We exchanged brief pleasantries and he returned to get it sorted out. It certainly could have been somewhat more awkward…

In any case that is my abiding memory of staying at MAN. Which I have done twice in total.

first_class_please
    Participant

I usually stay at the Radisson Blu as it is connected via undercover walkway to T1 and T2 and also the station.

T3 is a short walk then from T1.

Saves getting on and off courtesy bus early morning.

I should add I cannot recall the last time the moving walkways were actually moving though..

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

[postquote quote=1313583]

Thanks Midlands Traveller – the Crowne Plaza appears to be closed at the moment, otherwise I would have included it in the list.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

[postquote quote=1313583]

Reports elsewhere suggest the Crowne Plaza is currently under a government contract to house asylum seekers. The hotel’s website states:

“Following the government announcement, the hotel is only accepting reservations for business travel and key works until further notices. Please note our F&B options are limited. There is currently no shuttle service running between the hotel and the airport terminal and our club lounge is closed until further notice.”

Celticplumber
    Participant

Since the Crowne Plaza closed to paying guests, I have started staying at the Kimpton in Manchester, which is opposite Oxford Road train station, and has much better F&B opportunities. It can be as quick to and from the airport from Oxford Road station as waiting for the irregular shuttle bus from the airport Hiton/Doubletree.

esselle
    Participant

Prior to becoming the Crowne Plaza, the property was branded as a Post house.

Two of my worst ever hotel dining experiences were there; Caesar Salad made with onions, red cabbage and tomatoes (but no lettuce), and Saltimbocca made with pork.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls