Where service trumps the hard product!

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

Flew Jet Airways from Amsterdam to Bengaluru last week on J class. Rather old A330, dated TV screen, limted IFE and old headphones…. I got the “throne” seat. However, it was all so worth it thanks to the wonderful in flight service. Very prompt service, friendly and attentive crew, and great food (not over burnt). Pity they’re in financial trouble.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi MarkivJ
    I’m a great proponent of soft over hard…..
    I’ve found through experience , those companies that choose to drive their CRM projects by heavily investing in the implementation of Hard Products /Technology at the expense of people skills are doomed ……
    In my past I worked for a large supermarket chain . They were pretty much on their financial knees……..Management were arrogant, even aggressive to their UNDERLINGS, and were expected to be !! Not unsurprisingly customer service was seen as a chore and shocking!!

My greatest lesson in corporate management happened shortly after a takeover….Our new CEO seemingly didn’t do anything for the first month. !!
    His first decree was for the whole management team to simply stop and say Hello , how are you to at least 10 of their non-direct reports !!

The resultant improvement in customer service in a relatively short period of time was astounding.

Once the expected interpersonal behaviours were consistently demonstrated , then the much needed investment in technology started.

Your post reminded me……regardless of how brilliant a product is, people will make or break a business.

Ekond222
    Participant

…The ‘Throne seat’…was J-class full?…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls