Where Is / Was Your First Flight This Year

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

• pheighdough
    Participant

So far I’ve managed LGW-LAS-LGW in Club for CES soon followed by LHR-MAN-LHR (both BA). This confirmed the fact that it’s ‘Grim up north!’

Coming soon I have:
    LGW-NCE-Monaco-NCE-LGW (Club)
    LHR-HAJ-LHR (Club)
    LHR-TLS-LHR (Club)
    LGW-NCE-LGW (Club)

Busy and hoping BA Club continues to be OK, and enjoy the legroom whilst it’s still there…

rodders
    Participant

started on jan 7th LHR/DXB/RUH/DXB
    quickly followed by a day trip DXB/LHR/DXB on the QF A380 (mediocre)
    DXB/RUH/ and then RUH/DOH/KUL/BWN/KUL/DXB

so a flying start to the year….safe travels to you all

Unless something turns up between now and then, my first flight in 2014 will be Luxembourg to Tenerife at the end of Feb. for Carnaval !!

Senator
    Participant

My first trip of the year was in the middle of my last trip of 2013. I booked HEL-LHR-JFK-MIA-SKB return in business with separate ARN-HEL return on AA.

With the Polar Vortex dropping temperatures in the Miami area down to 15 Celsius, we took a last minute AA Business Class trip using Avios on 5 Jan from MIA to SJU. Great value at 30,000 Avios and £3.50 per person given the revenue ticket was US$1,500.

My first true trip starting this year may be tomorrow to take a friend to sample BA First to Dubai using an expiring 2-for-1 voucher 🙂 His wife is ill, so we need to see if we can go first 🙂

AspirationalFlyer
    Participant

Just two short haul trips trips so far this year: LHR to Amsterdam and Hamburg. My first ever free upgrade on BA last week – Euro Traveller to Club Europe last Saturday on the London-Hamburg flight. Not amazing given how short the flight is, but glad to have been given some recognition for several years of loyalty!

toonfan62
    Participant

MCO – DTW January 6th – so from a sunny 80F to -19F (wind chill minus 42) and snow! Luckily the Geordie charm still works so my rear wheel drive Impala became an AWD Escape at no extra charge! Needed it with the carnage on the roads that week….. – but no delays to flights!

ArabTraveller
    Participant

BA 124 DOH-LHR via BAH then LHR-GLA

PrakashMehta
    Participant

First trip coming up towards end of this month for a holiday
    BOM-BKK-CNX
    CNX-HKT
    HKT-BKK-BOM
    All in Thai / Thai Smile Business

Silvertoad
    Participant

Jan 1st. Started off the year well with a nice Swiss First flight CDG – ZRH – LAX. Looking forward to the new LX 77W with some new first class seats on that route, the existing first class seats on the A340s are really showing their age.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

My first flight of the year was Vietnam Airlines domestic from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City, to connect on CX back home

Currently about to pack up again and head home after flying HKG-LHR-DFW-MPS-DFW-LAX-HKG-BKK in a week (weekend in UK with the family and then Minneapolis for 1.5 days for meetings and my Global Entry interview)

Not looking forward to my next flight only because it heralds my departure from sunny Bangkok (where the memsahib and I have been spending the Chinese New Year weekend) and a return to chilly HKG and my desk! On which note, I have to leave the poolside and pack!

Kung Hei Fat Choy to you all, btw

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, Ian!

Kung hei fat choi! to you all!

Shearer
    Participant

Yesterday, GLA – LGW on BA.

It was the London 2012 Dove livery.

skywards
    Participant

NCL-BFS last week all 40 minutes of it.

travelsforfun
    Participant

My first flights of 2014:

STN-NUE…NUE-DUS…DUS-LCY
    CBG-AMS…AMS-CBG
    LGW-ERF…HAJ-LHR

K1ngston
    Participant

Well technically my first flight of the year was LGW-KIN but that was just getting me back home, so my first business trip of 2014 was KIN-MIA-LAX-MIA-PAP-MIA-KIN

For those of you who don’t know and unfortunately living in the caribbean we need to use MIA as a hub to get to all the other islands so going anywhere other than KIN-PFN and outwards to SAL has to be done through MIA so for instance going from KIN to PAP 41 minutes flying time away can take 7-8 hours doing the MIA hop……

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls