Where Is / Was Your First Flight This Year

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

• Venetian Lady
    Participant

My first trip for the year was kul-mel on MH business MH was very average
    And then mel-fco (rome) on Qatar business which was great as usual.
    My new year resolution is to travel each month for pleasure even just for a couple of days…..

Tim2soza
    Participant

LTN – GVA this week for some snow therapy.
    LHR – DFW next week for work.

edinv54
    Participant

My first flight of 2014 was EDI / DUB with EI operated by Air Arann on 18 Jan, then onward to ORD with EI in Business. Return was MCO / DUB and back to EDI with EI.
    I recommend EI for their overall service and friendliness. The USA customs & immigration pre-clearance process at DUB is great, meaning that you enter the USA as a ‘domestic’. On the return leg at DUB Nil delays at the dedicated transfer immigration and security area, made travel feel how it used to be!

dutchyankee
    Participant

My first flights this year were on 4 January from LGA to DBA via ATL, and then on 9 January from JAX to DFW to LHR to HEL overnight at Hilton Helsinki Airport then on to LED. Now on my first journey of February , just arrived in the First Lounge off of BA 879 from LED connecting to BA 109 to DXB.

fatbear
    Participant

Pretty dull so far this year, all short haul.

LHR-AMS-LHR
    LHR-TXL-LHR
    LHR-SNN-LHR ( my first ever flight on Aer Lingus though ! )

Next week is another trip to Tegel……

onajetplane
    Participant

First trip was BHD – LHR, though it normally always is when it comes to the post-Christmas departure from the fair isle…

Hermes1964
    Participant

LHR-MAD-LHR. Brand new Iberia A330. Squeaky clean but seats a bit hard on the backside. Problem with these planes being so quiet is having to listen to “Mr Travelbore 2014” shouting to the guy across the aisle about every flight he’d taken and was planning to take this year. Clearly in need of his own forum. Bring back noisy engines please!!

6Continents
    Participant

Back to back QF A380 and BA A380 in F, 1st week in Jan.

SYD-HKG
    HKG-LHR

epeek06
    Participant

GVA-AMS-LHR

Good flight, always a pleasure to stroll through schipol airport!

onajetplane
    Participant

@epeek06 Not disregarding business travel allowance budget/mileage availability… I honestly hope I will never have to do such a connection on a route that a short direct flight is so readily available! Great though that it all went well! 🙂

stevescoots
    Participant

LHR-DOH-CAN, Jan 5th was my first

Pasadis
    Participant

Bali/DPS AMS, two weeks ago with KLM. All very pleasant though the new lie flat beds will be a great improvement when they are finally installed on the 777-300.

esselle
    Participant

It’s been “dry January” in more than one sense.

First trip of the year coming up this week, MAN-DOH-MEL on QR.

JohnHarper
    Participant

The first flight of the year was SYD-ADL on 3rd January while Mrs JH and I were out in Aus on holiday. It was QF C on a 738 over lunch time and we had a pretty good hot meal with plenty of wine.

Since then I’ve done:

ADL-BNE – QF C
    BNE-CNS QF C
    CNS-SYD QF C
    SYD-SIN SQ F (suites)
    SIN-LHR SQ F (suites)

Oh and we didn’t get the F cabin to ourselves again on SQ sadly! It’s probably a once in a lifetime thing if you are lucky so our turn has gone!

The real business travel starts again next week when I’m off to DOH for the first time this year.

janrotterdam
    Participant

First flight this year on January 1, 2014 was Munich to Rotterdam. Since then completed Brussels – London and completed twice Brussels -Hamburg. Next trip Brussels – Lagos!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls