where is the service SQ???

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

golfpro
    Participant

I am a golf pro and flew sq f lhr syd. 380 was scheduled and i got thrown on 772 with promise of voucher for diff. in fare. Not only was the flight horrendous( poor service, hideous seat and delayed 4 hours) they also managed to lose my golf bag. I had to pay 380gbp to fedex another set so i could play in the tournament and still dont have them back (almost 3 weeks now)!!! Compensation unavailable as golf clubs are apparently not covered so claim on ins. Don’t care about the compensation, but where has the service gone. I am being treated like a 3rd class citizen. BOYCOTT SQ. Stop flying with a company that is going under and trying to take it out on the people that represent their profit margin. Also when a change of equipt. happens, compensation should be offered in line with the European denied boarding compensation. You buy the seat and they give you another one. Imagine buying a 7 series and being told by the dealer “‘sorry, not today, heres a 3 series, see you later”. NOT acceptable. Consumers should be protected. Any advice?

JackyLek
    Participant

Sorry for your Clubs, but I hope you have insurance coz u may claim it back from them and they will surely handel with SQ. A/C do change time time it could be Tech. problems, crew, late arrival 380 so they cant use on the next route. If U are unhappy with the 777 just wait to the next flight with A380. Compare with other airlines SQ has give me good service and perks when they are doing wrong. BUT I think the most importent thing is that how u behave when u forward your problem. Good Luck with your clubs!

Binman62
    Participant

Personally I have never had an issue with SQ and the service has always been the same. Robotic.
    Agree very much however that a change of equipment resulting in a change of seat should be compensated for. Too many carriers advertise one thing, take your money and then provide something else. Qantas did this to my family in August with downgrade from F suite on A380 to 747. They seemed to think that this is the same product and were insistent that nothing could be done, including taking a flight 1 day later or one day earlier to get back on the A380. Tickets were not full fare F and so not changeable on our part, but we had only booked on QF because of the A380. Our preference would have been to fly BA 777 or 747 as we are all frequent flyers and BA would have provided greater mileage earning opportunities on the same fare.

Had we been in J I would have been very annoyed as the bed is a slide rather than the fully flat product.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

Hi Golfpro–have not you tried to email your letter of complain or your comment in this thread to the editiorial of BT Asia Pacific ? I would recommend you to this and send it to : <a href="mailto:[email protected]–if“>[email protected]–if you are lucky–BT Asia Pacific will post it on the next edition and more important is they will forward this issue to SQ and asking for a reply on the matter.

Wish you luck !!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls