Where does customer satisfaction fall in airline priorities?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Just sitting thinking through some recent issues involving a number of different airlines and chatting with a colleague…..we wondered this:

Accepting that the airline industry is extremely complex and that neither of us would have the first clue how to run such an organization….

At what stage / how big does an airline get when customers satisfaction really doesn’t matter any more because it falls below SO many other considerations which are vital to remain solvent / make profit etc?

This is certainly not aimed at any single airline.
    Based on your own experiences of any airline, how far down (or up) the list of priority do you think customer satisfaction really rates?

MrMichael
    Participant

As a regular to Madrid I find the difference in customer service between BA and IB quite extraordinary. I know BA has its doubters on this forum, and sometimes it beggars belief, however generally I find BA ground staff and crew do have an attitude of serving the customer. IB on the other hand make me feel as a passenger I am getting in the way of them running their airline. There is a huge disconnect between the two airlines, even though they are both part of the same group.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I really miss the genuine service and the attention to detail that used to be part of the BMI transatlantic experience. I was 9.5 years Gold with them before the inevitable.

transtraxman
    Participant

This has appeared yesterdaY 1st Dec.on CNN…
    “And the world’s ‘most excellent’ airline is…”

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/01/travel/airlineratings-com-best-airlines/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

It gives top spot to Air New Zealand. British Airways comes at 10th while the only other European airline is Lufthansa at 8th.
    Best First class — Etihad
    Best Business Class — Cathay Pacific

http://www.airlineratings.com/news.php?s&id=400

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls