WHEN WILL IT END? (100ml liquid ban)

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

It seems the USA are now to implement a stricter rule for powder-like substances over 350ml… Have you heard of this?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, Tom

canucklad
    Participant

Going against the grain here sking uphill so to speak !!
    Aligning this topic to the laptop ban …….and agreeing with Tom, I’m not keen on having 200 laptops in the hold !

So for me, I hope the ban on liquids is not lifted.
    Why do people need to cart on litres of fluid in the first place .

And I’m assuming the authorities have now uncovered a way of smuggling dangerous substances disguised as talc or god knows what by people who don’t give a damn about whom they destroy.

It seems to me the less you have to seek, the more your minimise your risk.
    So I’d trade my liquids for being able to use my tablet any day of the week !!

I fear most when I see queues of overworked, underpaid security screeners overwhelmed with over bearing demanding passengers who clearly have forgotten that amongst live evil heinous

alainboy56
    Participant

@Stowage222 — yes we should all stop criticising our wonderful airport security. Such intelligent lads and lasses, with trained insight and intuition. Shall we all climb onto our soapboxes and shout until somebody in the Govt (or is it the Civil Service – ‘Yes Minister’ immediately springs to mind), hears us all and stops all the nonsense that occurs at UK airports, and that includes another efficient and friendly service, the UK Border Control (a misnoma in itself)!
    Why, when all of us are so widely travelled and experienced in the ways of the world from all corners, do we find that the UK is one of the worst for efficiency? The UK were leaders/innovators/inventors, also empire builders with intelligence and new far reaching thought and technique …………… so what went wrong?????
    UK now is so PC, which obscures the logical way, its full of rules and regs about even what you can say, as it might for chrissakes ‘Offend someone’ and everything has gone completely wrong, and this ‘beginning of the end’ started more or less during the period of ‘His Toneyness’ (the Rt Hon, A Blair), who still wishes to have his ‘tuppenyworth’, and stir things up, as he did last week.

DKB
    Participant

Re Laptops, I used to work for daa, the operator of Dublin and Cork airport.

I was told it was as a laptop looked very similar to certain types of bombs (feels strange to use that word talking about aviation, as if I’ll be reprimanded despite being online!) on the X-Ray and this is why they have to come out.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls