When will BA Club Europe get better?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

FlyinJK
    Participant

I’m a BA Gold Card holder, and regularly fly Club. The company pays of course, so I continue to fly with them only for the points. If I were to pay myself, I see little added value in flying Club. It always strikes me as a great waste of money – because Club Europe just does not offer very much more than World Traveller.

Why is that?

To my mind – the only benefits of Club Europe are being first off the plane, a horrible meal on a tray [instead of a box], and the miles. Club/Gold don’t even get priority boarding these days!

The seats are only very marginally wider, and if you’re on the 3-side, there’s barely any difference at all.

When will airlines (not just BA) offer a more distinguishable Club Europe product? Wider seats, maybe even some in-flight entertainment systems? What else would you guys like to see in Club Europe?

AussieM
    Participant

I think the days are gone where its economical for the EU Airlines will offer us much in Business Class within Europe.

As a Gold KLM member, all KLM flights in the EU now have the same seating as in Y, maybe 1-2 inches more legroom then the meal service, thats it. As a FFP member it would appear to me that the benefits are all there-at least with KLM…It doesn’t suprise me with BA that there is little else!!!
    Select seating (automatically pre-allocated to front of cabin any clas), Priority check in, Lounge access, fast track, priority boarding etc…

Few have seperate seating now or even leave the middle seat free as LH.
    On the klm LHR-AMS routes for eg, the £80/ 100 fare for Y with all the FF perks simply places the C £450 as a waste of money. Long haul sure, not short haul.

I think BA will not change…it has moved into what it is now, so it wont return. The £ is what matters not the service or loyalty base these days. I think BA has sunk itself, it has one of the worlds most appauling record of mis-managament & declining service in recent years…in every country i travel to i hear this…& from BA crew! it seems to be quite a joke internationally…shrinking not growing…

Perhaps the solution is to switch yr loyalty to a different airline, like myself.

d1rector
    Participant

I agree the three-seat side of Club is unacceptable and BA should block the middle seat as do Lufthansa and Air France. But treatment and consideration for the passenger in Club is definitely better and the cabin is calmer. Cattle class is really that, so far as I am concerned. Just flew back from Rome: two hours plus; impossible to work; second rate experience.

Henryp1
    Participant

I also travel BA to Europe and beyond, but as always I do have a choice. I do have FFS and collect miles. But to be honest, once I have an issue with an airline I just stop using it, but may drift back after some time, but do not keep using it and expect it to get better because I hold a Gold card etc……., and then whinge.
    However, for me BA Club Europe is better than low cost carriers and Y, and thats the whole point, flat beds will never come to Europe flights. Seems that numerous FF’s just want to have issues to complain about, get miles in compensation, and then complain again that they cant use the miles due to black outs.
    Reading through the forum this is what it all seems to be about, oh and I also have shares in BA, but again dont expect to be recognised as such when I travel.

TwoSeats
    Participant

As a regular on the LHR-DME route to Moscow, I ould not touch BA with a Bargepole.

Their Club Europe service is appauling. An outdated 767 with 2-3-2 seating for Club where you end up sitting on a side row with someone next to you in exactly the same conditions as Economy, or the middle 3 seats where when busy BA use the middle seat.

Much betterto Fly with BMI, who have their Mid Haul Product on a new A320 2-2, where you cannot even reach the seat in front with your feet and have a proper leg rest.

Or if that is unavailable there is Aeroflot or Transaero, that have similar 2-2 Seating on an A321/737 respectively, but with much less legroom and only a footrest.

Strange that BA are always full, yet the other much better option are empy, which from my point of view is a good thing as award flights and last minute bookings are always available..

Ranerane
    Participant

SAS, Finnair, LH, AF all have middle seats blocked in theie 3+3 seating. IMO that is the biggest advantage of business class in European routes.

DoorsToAutomatic
    Participant

In reply to “Twoseats”….The configuration on the 767 to DME has never been 2-3-2 in C cabins,but 2-2-2 (AB-DF-JK seats)…The late evening DME flight is operated on an A320, where the configuration is exceptionally also 2-2 in Club Europe(middle seat E is blocked), which is unique to the DME flights on BA C/E routes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls