When to check in for chance of upgrade

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• esselle
    Participant

Etihad have a really good system. If you are booked in J and their algorithms show there will be space available in F, they send you an email offering the chance to bid for the upgrade, with a minimum and maximum price.

Last time I flew MEL-AUH I bid the lowest price option, and got the upgrade for £500, which for a near 14 hour flight seemed good value.

Elegant8
    Participant

Just PAID FOR an ‘upgrade’ to seat 63F upper level on BA 295 from business class, on a AA award .
    CC charge cleared, but seat selection did not….
    Then CC showed no charge from BA…fortunately I took a screenshot
    Which clearly indicated BA’s charge…several calls to BA,including direct to London provided no explanation…..as a MM LT Gold, BA Bronze I am
    Considering charging BA with fraud

cotswoldsw
    Participant

Elegant8 – what did BA charge for? There is no 63F business seat with BA

DerekVH
    Participant

63F is a Club World seat on the upper deck of a 747.

cotswoldsw
    Participant

I thought it was A, B, J and K?

DerekVH
    Participant

Apologies cotswoldsw you are correct!

Elegant8
    Participant

To answer your question…63 J and K…
    AA no longer flys 744….let alone upper cabins.

first_class_please
    Participant

Has anybody experience of the Etihad Instant Airport Upgrade rates?

They offer an online bidding system, but I find on the routes I am looking at that the lowest offer is same or sometimes more than the paid promotional fare would of been.

I have a trip next week and debating bidding, vs asking at the airport to purchase.

Just wondered if anybody had experience of this and how the prices compared.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Etihad certainly has a range of options

https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/before-you-fly/my-upgrade-options/

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=755797]Has anybody experience of the Etihad Instant Airport Upgrade rates?

They offer an online bidding system, but I find on the routes I am looking at that the lowest offer is same or sometimes more than the paid promotional fare would of been.

I have a trip next week and debating bidding, vs asking at the airport to purchase.

Just wondered if anybody had experience of this and how the prices compared.

[/quote]

I haven’t tried an airport upgrade, but did a ‘Push’ upgrade through their call centre at around -40 hours and found it to be good value – can’t remember the exact price, but for a Malpensa – Abu Dhabi Y to J, it was in the low hundreds of pounds. I guess it all depends on how many seats are free.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls