Wheelchair Assistance at LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• macman147
    Participant

Wheelchair user not in a wheelchair. On a wheelchair is more accurate.

TonyR
    Participant

[postquote quote=1298300]

Convention is if it has arms/surrounds you you sit in it, if not you sit on it. So you sit in an armchair but on a kitchen chair. Most wheelchairs have arms on both sides so you sit in them unless there are no arms. HTH.

1 user thanked author for this post.

macman147
    Participant

Very few of the wheelchairs I see have arms maybe for older people. You will be saying confined to wheelchair next also pretty offensive.

Harbord1
    Participant

Good old Virgin Atlantic. Culture is customer-focussed and that translates into happier passengers and more repeat business.

TonyR
    Participant

[postquote quote=1298961]

Offence is in the eyes of the recipient I know but while “wheelchair bound”, “confined to a wheelchair” etc are absolute no-no’s, “in a wheelchair” is widely used in the wheelchair user community, their representative organisations, the NHS, Government etc. A quick Google image search for wheelchair shows that the vast majority have arms. If I offended you, I apologise

macman147
    Participant

Yes it is very widely used and no offence is intended. I just think wheelchair user is much nicer way to say it. Just my personal opinion but I appreciate what you have said.

RoyC
    Participant

I am a ‘wheel chair user’ !

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls