What’s worse than a baby on a plane?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Cashsuds
    Participant

Matt Rudd, the writer probably gets to travel on Y class only – Just joking. But seriously, its every body’s responsibility to be civil as we all pay dearly to fly Business or First regardless of reason or rhyme. One cannot say that the screaming kid on a plane has every right to annoy. His/her parents have a responsibility to ensure their sublings act responsibly. I’ve been on a plane where “brats” treat the plane like their home and run up and down the aisle of the plane with the parents completely ignoring their responsibility to the extent of endangering everyone on board including the cabin crew. In this instance, no one dared to act, including the cabin crew and everyone suffered. If passengers drink excessively and act overtly, cabin crew have a right to take them out, so why not little “terrors”??? I certainly won’t fly on a airline that does not take responsibility for these little “terrorists” and their carers!!!

MadMax1
    Participant

you! i’m a proud father of 3 kids and its really sick to read some of the comments in the BT about baby’s and kids in business or first class. remember that you were a kid too once and perhaps your parents had to take you on a plane too. i’m flying often and in china i have seen so far more adults not behaving properly than kids. its absolute nonsense when a passenger is complaining about noise. in every aircraft there is a noise mostly coming fm the air crafts a/c system, so what’s the heck. ah yes there are also ear plugs available on every flight.

wisi1965
    Participant

I was flying once from Lagos to Dubai with EK 1st class and behind me parents with their baby on the lap. I assume because the baby had no seat, they have paid only 10% for the normal fare. If you allowed a baby in 1st class place pay for a full 1st class adult price. Better, NO baby’s in 1st Class

bombayteddy
    Participant

I agree. No babies in First.

MadMax1
    Participant

and what about those who are drunk, calling the flight attendant every 20 minutes, typing during the whole flight on their notebook are they not disturbing? its simply disgusting how your guys are arguing.

npchuaMY
    Participant

Every paying passenger has the right to travel in the cabin he/she pay for, regardless of his/her age. However, the parent of the young passenger is obliged to ensure that their child’s behaviour is not disturbing other fellow passengers on board.

MadMax1
    Participant

i agree with you but who is in charge for adults who don’t know how to behave on board?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls