What’s fair compensation?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

suitdude30
    Participant

On January 7, I flew on an overnight SQ flight SIN-MEL, and the seat’s footrest was defective. As the sole passenger in First, the 3 cabin crew fussed about, attempting to reset the electrics, but to no avail. Thereafter, I moved from 2A to 2F, but with exactly the same result, PLUS a TV monitor which would not stay upright. Had to move seats yet again! I also noticed a large piece of plastic hanging off the back of seat 1A when I was seated in 2A. Needless to say, the impression created by this comedy of errors, coupled with the 3 crew members’ faces red with embarrassment, was less than becoming of SQ, especially for F Class.

Upon returning home, I fired off an email complaint to SQ, and it required a further reminder from me before the local manager e-mailed a lengthy acknowledgement of the technical faults on that aircraft, with profuse apologies. This was followed by a voucher for a one-class upgrade. I rang the local manager (let’s refer to him as PN) to protest, stating my expectation of an upgrade to F Class, and not just for 1 class, as the latter option would require me to pay for a Business Cls ticket.

I would welcome your opinions on this…

GlobalTravellerTom
    Participant

If it had been myself I would be just as angry as yourself.

If there is any saving grace for them though it is that you were the only customer in first. So they were able to move you to another seat (albeit 3 times).

Looking at the situation from here I would say the voucher is about right, but I do understand your frustration at needing to buy a BS class ticket to get another first trip.

NTarrant
    Participant

If there was no other seat available then perhaps I think I would have expected a little more depending on how the crew dealt with it.

In reality the voucher is a good gesture given that you were able to change seats.

teribaby
    Participant

I believe the voucher was more than generous. You ended up with your choice of seats in the first class cabin. There are always diversions in life, please move on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls