What should BA do with the Heathrow Concorde?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)

• travelworld2
    Participant

Well done Martyn for including the link to the video. Still the most beautiful passenger aircraft ever built-by a mile.

DerekVH
    Participant

Thanks for the link Martyn – I want one!

Maddie53
    Participant

I have just returned from Heathrow and my 7 year old grandson spotted Concorde. He loves Heathrow because of the amount and different types of planes there are but unfortunately unless you stay in one of the hotels there is nowhere you can actually go to plane spot! Last year he and I nearly got arrested for taking photos in the wrong area, not that there was signs telling you not to! Many years ago I visited the queens building for a meal and there was a great viewing platform. Why oh why doesn’t Heathrow provide something like this again. Over the weekend my son flew to America so we stayed at the Hilton garden inn and my grandson had an excellent view of planes landing, but surely Heathrow could make some money out of this hobby. We live near East midlands airport probably on of the smallest of Britain’s airports but even they have an aeropark with disused planes a cafeteria and an excellent view of the runway. My grandson has also visited a similar site at Manchester airport, they have a Concorde on site and charge extra for people to go on board. So again why oh why are Heathrow letting this opportunity pass then by? M

dutchyankee
    Participant

Hi Maddie53, great question. I too am a avid airplane/airline geek as well as being a frequent traveler. I used to the love the viewing terrace of the Queen’s Building. There are a view airports that still have these type of facilities such as Schiphol (even has an old KLM City Hopper aircraft to go in), Zurich, Vienna to name but a few. I think it has to do with security in some places where this has now stopped unfortunately. If I am not mistaken, there used to be a viewing terrace at Gatwick as well, with an old aircraft on it, but maybe my age is clouding my memory.

Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls