What should BA do with the Heathrow Concorde?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

More insults, without any provocation.

Disgusting behaviour from someone so very “new” to the forum, and the tone of your posts does strongly suggest you have formerly been a member of this forum under other (multiple) handles.

VintageKrug
    Participant

More insults from Guest_Poster, without any provocation.

Disgusting behaviour from someone so very “new” to the forum, and the tone of Guest_Poster does strongly suggest you have formerly been a member of this forum under other (multiple) handles.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Back on topic, I favour the roundabout outside T5, but I haven’t heard anything in support of this option, so it looks likely she’ll languish, rat infested, near the Engineering area for the foreseeable future:

http://www.framearch.co.uk/t5/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/terminal-5.jpg

“alexlondon – 11/06/2013 09:55 GMT

The TU-144 made less than 60 scheduled passenger flights. Against that background, 20 deaths is pretty high. Safety concerns meant it was almost immediately grounded. Concorde served for over 27 years.”

That’s a good point, alexlondon – I think if anyone had broached the subject of which was deadlier, then a good case could be made to suggest that the Tu-144 was a candidate for that title. It’s certainly an impressive beast, and well worth visiting.

Guest_Poster
    Participant

alexlondon – 11/06/2013 09:55 GMT

My opinion is that the Tu144 should never have entered airline service in the first place and I base that on conversations with engineers who had knowledge of the type – it had some inherent major issues. You will note that I did comment on the Concorde crash occuring during operations, acknowledging the difference.

Concorde had a long service in years, although the fleet logged relatively low cycles by airline standards and thus the high figure is not comparable with a mainstream type like the 747; there were a few close shaves, but only one crash and this is manifest evidence of the skill of the crews and the excellence of the support/engineering functions.

Still, I doubt that the Concorde would be certified today, the risks arising from the trade offs necessary to achieve the amazing performance would be considered unacceptable in today’s certification climate.

Concorde was a beautiful design and an amazing aircraft.

BigDog.
    Participant

Enough of the paranoia Krug. As AOTG and others have pointed out, BT can easily note IP addresses to ascertain whether or not multiple handles emanate from an IP.

You continue to smear many posters Krug – please instead reflect on your own behaviour of deleting, delete then re-post, bumping, editing and generally manipulating threads for your own purpose – is it any wonder why most posters also view you as having multiple handles when you abuse the forum and treat it as your personal playground/chatroom?

If you stopped manipulating threads and stopped posting misinformation and nonsense then the forum would be a far more pleasant place and integrity may be restored.

Please do the decent thing Krug and start treating the forum with respect – the ball is in your court.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Gosh, how tiring to read another thread invaded by the Usual Suspects and dragging into a petty tirade, with no relevance whatsoever to Business Travel.

They do seem to provide most of the content and entertainment round here, attracting the most responses.

BT does not have the functionality to view IP addresses, for some reason. Even if they did, people use multiple IPs, what with home/office and mobile connections, that it is not a valid test.

The tone, content and focus of the posts is much more telling; it is quite clear that Guest_Poster, in his three weeks or so on this site, has an agenda which aligns with those we have seen you and others espouse in the past.

The continued personal attacks and petty namecalling are disgusting, unacceptable.

They are dragging down the forum, and for BigDog. to suggest he is the bastion of respect when only yesterday he used two petty insults (“Krughandles” and “VB”) is, frankly, hypocrisy of the highest order.

But we are used to that hypocrisy from BigDog. who has not written even one Trip Teport yet has the temerity to criticise me for not writing any when in fact there are several from me on this site, notwithstanding my reluctance to post details of my own trips.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/members/BigDog./content/seatplans-reviews
    “SeattPlans reviews – BigDog. hasn’t added any yet.”

The ball, BigDog. is very much in your court.

BigDog.
    Participant

Again Krug you choose to ignore the central root cause – the fact that you are, by far, the biggest manipulator of this forum by editing, deleting and reposting, bumping – spoiling the continuity whenever a subject displeases you.

Even worse is your tendency to post misinformation and nonsense – which devalues the forum.

If you stopped behaving so badly Krug am sure the rest would cease, be resolved. You fail to appreciate that this is a reaction to your abuse of the forum.

It is all a consequence of your self indulgence and paranoia, wanting to be at the centre of attention. Stop manipulating threads, stop posting misinformation, stop posting self indulgent nonsense – this is a business forum.

This may help – seriously, watch it through…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLMTvxOaeE

The ball am afraid Krug is and always has been only in your court.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Some of us can post without any reference to the petty bickering!!!!

While it would be fantastic to position the Concorde on the T5 roundabout. Firstly the question of space. More importantly Heathrow Airport plc would charge their usual exorbitant advertising rates which I’m sure B.A. would not be anxious to pay. I understand that the bill for having the model at the entrance to the Central Area tunnel ran to millions of pounds.

dutchyankee
    Participant

I agree with you ImissConcorde, but surely Heathrow must realise that Concorde does not just represent BA, but was an iconic aircraft that millions flocked to Heathrow to see take off and arrive, and as such has been a major part of Heathrow`s history as well. I would hope this is allowed as she deserves a prominent resting place!

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BigDog. – 11/06/2013 10:53 GMT
    Again Krug you are missing the essential root cause – the fact is that you are by far the biggest manipulator of this forum by editing, deleting and reposting, bumping – spoiling the continuity whenever a subject displeases you.

Genuine comment, it astonishes me that BT have allowed this to go on for as long as it has. This is supposed to be a forum to discuss/debate high-end business travel, it has a feel more like a primary school with one kid in the middle of the playground throwing rocks and pinging elastic bands at all other kids simply to get attention. You go to the head-teacher to tell him you’ve been hit in the head with a rock and the offender blames you for standing in the way of his projectile.

I’ve never witnessed such blatant and consistent trolling in all my years of chat online….and believe me, I’ve seen some right weirdo trolls.

Rgds,
    AOTG.

pdtraveller
    Participant

I think it is very regrettable that Concorde was vandalised as it was by Air France, BA and Airbus. I could well understand removing it from service but I could not understand why it could not have been kept flying for display purposes via a charitable trust.

As it is highly unlikely that the aircraft at LHR or indeed any other, will ever fly again, I would favour the removal of the aircraft from LHR completely.

It could either be given to a museum far from LHR and London or simply destroyed. It is after all a relic of a bygone age when BA actually led the world in aviation. They no longer do so and sadly Concorde, much like the BA of today, is a decaying emblem of a grander time.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@pdtraveller, on the one hand you say you regret that Concorde has been `vandalised` and then on the other you advocate it being destroyed as a decaying emblem?? Concorde was ahead of its time when she was introduced, and in many ways, she still is ahead of her time. She therefore deserves a righful, visible, resting place, and why not anchoring the entrance to the home terminal of the airline to which she belongs.

pdtraveller
    Participant

Dutchyankee…You make a fair point. Destruction would be a last resort……. however I do think that in the UK the culture is to dwell on past glories rather than be forward thinking and dynamic. This would simply be another relic.

I am sure BA would love to derive publicity from displaying Concorde but the reality is they are in name only the same company as the one which flew that great aircraft. Had they, AF and Airbus allowed it to remain flying, rather than tear the guts out of every airframe, then the benefits to the country as a whole may have been more significant.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

1. Vicky Brug: Why dont you just keep it shut, when you dont like to read it? Others like to discuss the subject, OK`?

2. Mayn concordes are on display in Germany, France and other places..they still attract visitors amd fans.
    Concorde was THE Icon of aviation and luxury travel for a long time, and I still cherish the memories of flying with her and the menus like a treasure.

I believe if BA/Heathrow cant shell out the few pounds to keep her in shape, there certainly will be a museum to take her and put her on display, in a pleasant way.

esselle
    Participant

I have posted something similar to this before, but I am again reminded of my schooldays.

We had a boy in our class who would sometimes amaze us all with his knowledge, and we valued such contribution enourmously. He did, however, have a bit of an “up himself” streak, which would result in him winding everybody up to the point where, come break time,he would get well and truly duffed up.

Once over, we would not hear from him for a while. Then he would slowly start up again, until the whole cycle repeated itself.

Does this sound familiar?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls