What music do you listen to in-flight?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

A recent survey by flight comparison site jetcost.co.uk shows that Ed Sheeran is the most popular artist to listen to in-flight, followed by Khalid, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Sam Smith, Billie Eilish, Imagine Dragons, Post Malone, Shawn Mendes and Lauv.

We have a feeling a similar survey of our readers might result in a different list – what do you tend to listen to on your flights?…

esselle
    Participant

I’ve been a big fan of Andreas Vollenweider for many years, and find his music to be the perfect companion whilst flying, especially when waking up, having breakfast and passing the time before landing at the end of a longhaul flight.

iflypremium
    Participant

I love pop and dance hits especially 80’s and 90’s chart classics. I also love Instrumental Boarding Music played by PIA,Cathay,Aer Lingus and Turkish.

stevescoots
    Participant

i have a very wide taste in music, but when flying it tends to just be some soft classical to doze me off to sleep

TominScotland
    Participant

When I used to fly Emirates, I loved their compilation of Chart No 1’s dating back to the early 1950s (before my musical time, I should say). Great nostalgia kick.

Now, I have downloaded an eclectic mix onto my phone and, depending on mood, listen to anything from Beethoven to James Galway to the Wolfe Tones to Blondie – common theme? Nothing very contemporary.

capetonianm
    Participant

Apart from Ed Sheeran I have no idea about the noises produced by any of those mentioned in the first list. I’ve only ever heard of Ariana Grande and that was in the context of the Manchester bombing.

Another huge vote for Andreas Vollenweider and one of my personal favourites, Rodriguez. I also like Celtic music, Clannad, Loreena McKennit, Enya.

Primarily I listen to classical, mostly Baroque.

1 user thanked author for this post.

RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

I only listen to minimal techno.
    -Rave

canucklad
    Participant

Really depends on my mood to be honest….

if I’m wanting to try and grab a nap I’ll go for something chronically boring like Ed Sheeren/ Sam Smith or similar bland template created nonsense
    Otherwise It’ll be catching up on my favourites , like the Clash, Police, Texas and the Style council . Sprinkle in a bit of Rod Stewart & Annie Lennox and I’m as happy as a pig in …..

Looking forward to catching up with some Rolling Stones favourites, including “I can’t get no satisfaction” next month on my way to HK
    Will be flying BA so shouldn’t have a problem : )

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I tend not to listen to music in-flight, but do enjoy podcasts such as Desert Island Discs (though not with the new presenter), Just a Minute, though sadly without Nicholas Parsons from now on, etc.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

My favourite playlist on Spotify is “Erased Tapes: NTS Radio”

https://www.nts.live/shows/erased-tapes

sailandfly
    Participant

Used to fly Lufthansa mostly and audio selection was my fav part of AVOD. There was always something in their club or world music selection I would later download.

Used to play Carmina Burana during landings 🙂

Swissdiver
    Participant

Darn I am getting old… My sleeping pill is called “Dark side of the moon”… It works like a charm!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Any soul music as well as the likes of ELO, Santana, Pink Floyd and musicals…..

AVOID any sounds where there are predominantly more words (or what or claimed to be words) in English I don’t understand….. than music…..

Johnnyg
    Participant

Original Tamla Motown, Otis Redding, Temptations etc , Love 70s music, ELO, 60’S surfing, but mostly listen to a wide range of audiobooks,

K1ngston
    Participant

Pink Floyd, Ed Sheeran, Cold Play, Classical, I just turn the volume down and sail away on a musical journey across all genres and decades and they said the iPod would never take off 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls