What hotel amenities do you use?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

• Anonymous

JamesLaidlaw
    Participant

Hotels and extended stay properties offer a variety of amenities. Which do you use the most? Pool, work out gym, squash court?

Would you use a golf simulator? A large percentage of business travellers are golfers, would a simulator encourage you to stay at one facility over another?

NTarrant
    Participant

I don’t play golf so it would make no difference other than perhaps put me off. Gym and Pool are nice to haves but frankly I never seem to have the time to use them.

VintageKrug
    Participant

In future, I’ll never travel without my nasal douche, and copy of “Flight Catering”.

NTarrant
    Participant

You managed to get a copy from Amazon then VK?

robsmith100
    Participant

Its got to be the free toiletries and internet access for me.

watersz
    Participant

Gyms is a must for me even if it means more of a commute
    its very easy on the road to just prop up a bar every night
    it can become a problem before you even know it…….and I know it

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cables for phone, tablet and computer – I am not a very nice person if my machines run out of juice!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I use internet connection if its free of charge. Nothing else really,no gym no pool and hardly ever use the bar or restaurant unless I am really in the middle of nowhere

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I only use the pool if its outdoor and in a resort type hotel where I’m having a few days off.

For me the most important is free wireless internet. I’m using iPhone/pad and a Samsung Galaxy phone, so it annoys me no end if I have to pay for two or three connections.

Next up is a decent room-service menu, especially when staying alone. Food should also arrive hot rather than lukewarm.

Finally, TV that includes BBC, Sky and CNBC, and if in Europe, then a few other English channels as well. Seems to me most hotels provide amply for the Germans and Arabs but not so much for Anglophones!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Oh, and another thing. I hate electronic door locks. I understand all the reasons for having them, but it’s rare when they work 100% of the time.

They usually fail when my room is at the end of a long corridor, I’m laden with papers or samples and rushing to use the bathroom!!! At least the provision of a house phone at these extremities would help alleviate the situation.

stevescoots
    Participant

I only really use net connection, thats a must have. pool is once in a blue moon. Gym, I had a PE teacher from hell at school, put me off Gyms for life! I prefer to go out walking etc so enviroment is more important. massage facility to work out the knots after a 12 hour flight.

TV channels, as long as it has BBC news, or CNN at a push then dont need the rest, thats what the laptop is for, I travel with A HDMI cable to plug into the TV. room service..not so important but fast laundry is

Inquisitive
    Participant

Hotel amenities used:

On business trip – stay in 5 star hotel – after long days hard work, hit the bar for a peg or two of scotch. Besdies the bar, only facility use is the restaurant for breakfast or dinner.

On holiday – stay in 3 star or below – whole day sightseeing or on beach, normally eat outside. Only amenity use is the bed and television.

When I see other people in the elevator coming back from gym or swimming pool in a 5 star hotel, I really envy them – how they can manage time during their business trip.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

John, good that it was a short survey and have completed it.
    One observation – if I was staying only one night then availability of a gym is not important. Any stay over 2 nights then I would be looking for some amenity for exercise. The longer the stay the more important the amenities become so would be looking for a pool (preferably 20m +) and sauna also.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I use all the amenities, spa, gym, pool, resturant, bar, robes, slippers, fruit/chocolates, room service, business centre, internet access, house car, butler service, laundry etc….. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls