What Giveaway do you want in F and J

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• kevin46
    Participant

Toonarmy..please read the topic again!

EruditeSheep
    Participant

I hate seeing waste, so always look for products that can be re-used. For example, one of the classy grey leather wash-bags that UA used to provide in F class has accompanied me over many years of flying (useful for those short-haul trips in Y). The tailored PJ tops from LH F class have doubled up as comfortable long-sleeved tops for use around the home or in hotels. The LX F-class product is almost as good. The black VS socks in J class are hard-wearing – I have even worn them as part of DJ ensembles on the concert-platform. In comparison the VS PJ top is second-rate. The NZ wash-bag is clumsy etc etc. I could go on, but many years of travel have otherwise only led to boxes of clutter that eventually get consigned to the charity shops. Like some of the other correspondents I would vote for a decent bottle of wine or bubbly to take away – I was certainly a grateful recipient of this on many occasions when travelling on a certain US airline. Agreed this may be less realistic these days – maybe a voucher (or two)……….

RichHI1
    Participant

I too have received many bottles over the years particularly from a certain UK airline but with all the security hassles it is now a problem with connections. Let’s hope when the new security machines come in over the next couple of years and we are allowed liquids again, this custom may return.
    I do not enjoy alcohol and flying together as I find it makes dehydration worse. I have been amazed on these forums how many UK and European flyers judge an airline by whether the booze is free and limitless in the lounges or the coach section of the plane. In my view, good wine deserves to be enjoyed leisurely in good surroundings with good food and not jet lagged in a noisy cigar tube at 39,000 bumping your way over Canada or northern Russia.

Guesswho100
    Participant

Kevin46…..my reply was to the question:

On BA most of all I want decenty food in F and CW
    Has anyone picked up on the promised improvements? I have’nt been longhaul in a while? asked by Blacktower 07/06/2011 18:20 GMT

skyguy79
    Participant

Where amenity kits are concerned, you have to look hard to beat Continental’s BusinessFirst kit ! I only hope once the UA/CO merger is complete that it is Continental’s kit that is kept on ! Compact,stylish and very desirable !

A good amenity kit would ideally have ( from a man’s view, the man being me ) :
    eyeshades
    socks
    spritzer
    mints
    wet/dry tissues
    pocket sized laminate of the airline’s worldwide reservation offices
    International phone card or local use simcard
    aftershave miniature
    shaving cream and razor
    Pen and notepad

The kit should have a hook or clip for hanging in hotel bathrooms/bedrooms.

As for amenities in First/Business :

a personal welcome on your videoscreen mentioning your name
    The towel idea is really growing on me !
    Golf Ball set with airline logo ( nice gift and also to play golf with !)

KLM still do the collectable gin houses.

As for full length mirrors,changing rooms,showers Etihad,Singapore, Cathay Emirates and Lufthansa take the lead for sure ( showers only on EK !)

Overall,exclusive,collectors items would make ideal giveaways.

But the biggest giveaway upfront will always be the amenity kit !

skyguy79
    Participant

Can you believe that Amenity Kits have their own awards ceremony ?! Called the Amenity Bag Awards …well see here ! http://content.yudu.com/A1ot4q/obh43/resources/32.htm

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I wish we could go back to the good old days when the BA First kit contained good aromatherapy products (very nicely presented too)

The best possible amenity I could wish for is a precompleted immigration/customs card for every flight – I once suggested to a CX staffer that they introduced this and/or made the cards available in the lounge so one didn’t have to fill the damn things in on the plane (which I hate), but nothing came of it. Failing the precompleted landing card, a small stationery kit (perhaps one of those combined pen/pencil/highlighters, a few post-its, small ruler) would be very useful – I am forever borrowing pens on planes largely because I can’t be bothered to dig one out of my hand luggage to fill in aforesaid cards

TG used to provide stickers you could put on your seat indicating whether you wanted to be left to sleep, or woken up for your next meal – nice idea.

Not too convinced about RHMAngel’s idea about takeaway nibbles but it did make me think that one of those insulated drink bottles with hot or cold beverage of choice would be good to have to tide us through the onward journey on arrival – I often arrive at hotels gasping for a drink! Sometimes I’m thirsty, too….

RHMAngel
    Participant

@Rich

Your post made me smile this afternoon, do you write to Santa in this tone 😉 as you write it so nicely, how could he or airlines not accommodate such a (christmas) wish list… an airline’s monogrammed dressing gown – now that’s thinking outside the box !

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Interesting that there’s no feature of the PJs in the new BA First promo video and the woman in the video settles down to sleep in her clothes – perhaps the PJs are being phased-out?

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-launches-video-promoting-first-experience

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Skyguymanchester has summed it up as what would be nice.

One of my favourite kits had to be the old Virgin Oswald Boetang kit. That had a really cool pair of cufflinks in that I use a lot now.

I reuse a LH “shoebag” from 2005 a lot with small liquids in my luggage. The recent J class kits on LH are nasty to hold, prickly and dire, contents not much better. \

LX ex Europe is currently a nice travel document case, contents the same but more available. Inbound is a small version of the LH shoe bag with usual contents.

MS was suprisingly the most practical as it did contain nice lip balm, miniture aftershave and a good moisturiser. Also suitable for toiletries for an overnight trip in the uk with no flying.

I would also say a shoehorn would be useful and small deoderant spray. I used to always have a can in hand luggage until the liquids rule came in or would buy in Boots once airside if on a direct flight. as I really begrudge paying virtually the full price for a travel deoderant as you would for a full can.

My sister loved the Virgin sleep suits when she was pregnant..very comfortable.

As a gift, I would definitely say for men, cufflinks and a hand towell.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls