What first class product is better

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

social_rover
    Participant

I recently flew AA’s new 777-300ER in first class and noticed that it is the exact same thing as their old flagship suite with some differences in color scheme and a fresher look.

I personally did not hate the old First from AA except their tiny screens. I think AA could have spent the money else where. What do you think?

Str8Talking
    Participant

I think they realise this which is in part one of the reasons First is disappearing from many of their longhaul aircraft.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Sorry to jump in ..have you tried the First Class AA product on the new Transcontinental A321T btw JFK and LAX or SFO ??..if yes ,same impression ?..is it different from the Business Class product on the same routes and same aircraft type A321T ?

EruditeSheep
    Participant

I have flown on the AA 321T between JFK and LAX in both J and F class. The J class offering is very good – flat beds, good service and excellent IFE. The F class offering is in another league again. As you will see from seatguru.com, the configuration is 1-1. Plenty of space, 100% aisle access, excellent meal service and IFE, with plenty of room to work if you require. For an itinerary such as DUB-LAX, the only decision to make is then whether to fly DUB-JFK-LAX or DUB-LHR-LAX if One World or DUB-EWR-LAX on UA.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Also, KS, Tom wrote a “Tried and Tested” on this first class product in March 2014.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/american-airlines/american-airlines-a321-first-class-2

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thank you EruditeSheep and Alex !!!

Much appreciated .

IanFromHKG
    Participant

KSHaggag, AA’s transcon F is basically the same as their new long-haul J, in a 1-1 layout, while transcon J is full-flat but 2-2 (so no direct aisle access for window seats)

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks a million ,IanFromHKG for the hint .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls