What do YOU Think: Priority Club Launches New Website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

• Binman62
    Participant

LindsayW……I would not worry about your currency…It is very strong and for that reason Europeans, especially the British (who have a worthless currency,) are not going to Australia. The Australian inbound tourist market is struggling as a result.

It was not long ago that £1 would but $2.50 AUD now it will not buy $1.55.

LindsayW
    Participant

I think you’re being a bit harsh on the GBP, the AUD is strong on the back of the commodity play. It’ll calm down in a year or so.

True, Australia is struggling from the strong dollar and that means I can afford 7 weeks in Europe & England. I remember the days when I was getting 38p for my $, so it is great to be getting 62p now and 72€cents.

Look forward to helping your economy 🙂

VintageKrug
    Participant

Priority Club websites seem to be banjaxed once again.

Much better that they left it how it was…..

PatJordan
    Participant

Wow, I haven’t heard the word “banjaxed” for ages, brings back many childhood memories! Thanks VK.

Pat

Binman62
    Participant

n particular issues with the web site but the Ipad app is not that great.

continentalclub
    Participant

The IHG site fell over completely on Monday and yesterday was returning error messages for bookings which had in fact been made.

I’ve not made any booking attempts today, but if you are trying to effect a reservation and you receive an error message, check your Priority Club existing reservations list before making further attempts – especially if they are non-flex rates – as the booking may in fact have gone through successfully.

judynagy
    Participant

I knew something was up over the last few weeks, I book through ichotels.com and the site was bouncing all over. The new PC site is “heavy” but I’m the most adaptable person in the world, so I just trudge on through it all.

What drives me mad is the way I am forced to page through calendars one month at a time (and no hurrying it up either) to get to the date I’m interested in. I frequently look at hotels months ahead of time, and it’s much more efficient to just type in the date I want. They could offer both ways if people are too dumb to type in the date I guess. Calendar pages should come up when I ask for them, not get in my way time after time.

VintageKrug
    Participant

This is still not working properly; what is going on??

BABenji
    Participant

What problems have you had this morning? In the last hour I have made reservations in Singapore, KL, and Sydney without any problems.

I had some issues on the site a few weeks ago, where the calendar wasn’t playing ball, but that aside it’s been relatively plain sailing recently.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Once again it won’t let me access my profile. When I try and book outside my profile, the site falls over and stalls.

Using both chrome and IE, on two machines in multiple server jurisdictions.

Utter rubbish.

BABenji
    Participant

Most perculiar. I’m running IE, managed to log on to my profile and make the reservations without a hitch….and all that linking through Quidco, of course!

judynagy
    Participant

I had no trouble changing a res this afternoon, the site behaved.. I’m surely glad to know that it’s not just me that has to log in every 5 minutes. Why do they do that??? But ICH is much better than Hilton, I log in at least 5 times just doing a simple task like looking up a hotel and checking rates, popping over to my account and then back again. It’s quite maddening.

LindsayW
    Participant

I haven’t had a ny trouble with the new site (lucky me from the sounds of it), but I’m with you judynagy on Hilton – most frustrating.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Well, the site seems to be working again this morning.

judynagy
    Participant

I guess my philosophy about laptops also applies to websites: If you don’t like what’s going on, just wait a few minutes … or a few hours!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls