What do you think of the A380?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

PeterCoultas-

Thanks for the feedback.

Next time you fly Thai ex-LHR in business class the product will be better as the carrier is planning to operate the A380 from July 01. But at the same time be aware that it will halve flight frequency.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/101303/thai-airways-trims-flights-to-europe

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thank you Alex .

It s a pity that the aircraft ,though quite nice did not bring along real real tangible benefits to the majority of passengers (who fly Economy class ) .AF promotes the aircraft on its website claiming it s the most spacious in the sky but …Helas ….it is not given the AF configuration ..
    I am an AF fan still…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I just read Lufthansa are introducing a Premium Economy on their 380’s, downstairs, right up front, 2-4-2 configuration, as opposed to 3-4-3 in Economy.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Lugano Pirate ,

Yes..Lufthansa is planning to have all their longhaul fleet equipped with this new Premium Economy product by the end of 2015 .I hope it will make a real difference on unappealing Eco ..

canucklad
    Participant

Well done Lufthansa, at least you’ve finally admitted that you’re as useless and backward thinking as your European counterparts . As you’ve already demonstrated by how you’ve short changed the aircraft, andyour expectant and loyal customers,, by introducing a cabin that proves to that your economy offering on your 380’s can’t compete for comfort and space as say………

Sadly, everyone who regularly reads the forum ,knows the airlines I would list. A once great airline, has now shown its true colours and proven its European mediocrity.

So, once again …thanks for your honesty, to those of us,who can’t afford to fly up front.

Edited to add this snide remarks,aimed directly at LH’s execs….
    Is this the same airline,that is constantly whining and whingeing about their star alliance partners success.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I was totally underwhelmed with my first A380 flight on BA from LAX in J. Beware of seat 50A as there are no windows. If you like feeling claustrophobic or like the idea of sleeping in a coffin, you will love it. I wrote to BA who more or less said I should have known and provided a link to seatguru.com!

I met a fellow traveller on my way to the arrivals lounge and he had experienced that seat on another flight and felt the same as me.

Apart from that it just seemed like any other flight really. I agree with the many who have commented that BA missed a great opportunity and just installed the now dated J seats. Beginning to go off this airline.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Generally ,European airlines who have acquired the A380 have not really done or offered something extra compared to their products on other aircraft with the sole exception of First Class where some extras have been identified by the most discerning flyers .Asian and Middle Easterns were more enthusiastic and innovative in their approach e.g. KE ,SQ ,EK…In summary ,the public was disappointed ..indeed !
    If I am flying Economy or even Business it would be more comfortable to fly a smaller aircraft for a swifter embarkation and disembarkation process instead of waiting for your 500 fellow travelers to get off ..irritating when you still need to catch an onward shorty connection !…
    I am not undermining this fabulous aircraft but Airlines have killed in us the excitement we had for this big bird ..

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls