What a Swiss Beauty

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Whilst waiting for my EK flight at MAN recently, I saw an aircraft I didn’t recognise, looking as if it had been build from spare parts

– The front end of a 787
    – The tail cone of a 777
    – The winglets of a A330

But shrunk down to A319 size.

I looked it up and it was one of these

https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/fly/fleet/bombardier

Looked nice.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Swiss intends to use at LCY to replace its RJ100s. But first the C Series will need to obtain certification.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

`

Coldbat
    Participant

With DAL being the U.S. launch customer, I cannot wait to fly on one of these come next year!

icenspice
    Participant

AMcWhirter
    Participant

icespice – Thanks for the update. If this aircraft receives LCY certification in the not to distant future then that would be another major destination for the C Series.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

That is a big airframe to use LCY, I wonder what payload restrictions are in place?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

FDOS – I don’t have any technical info but we have previously covered the story re LCY.

Under LCY’s new development programme, which has just been announced, a number of new stands are being built to meet the needs of the next generation of aircraft such as the C Series.

Here’s a piece we wrote last October re the C Series and LCY. At the time of publication, Swiss was hoping to gain LCY certification from the CAA by the third quarter of this year.

Swiss to bring Bombardier CS100 to London City

trident3
    Participant

Fear not, FDOS, the CS100 is actually shorter than the E190’s that already grace LCY’s ramp.
    CS100 34.9m, E190 36.2m

The Canadian wins on wingspan though, 35.1m vs 28.7m

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls