WestJet v Air Canada

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

first_class_please
    Participant

I don’t see any posts on here about WestJet.

Anybody tried them? More importantly would recommend them?

Looking at a personal flight Toronto to Vegas, which is 4 1/2 hours daytime.

Can’t decide if it’s worth paying the quite expensive £700 a seat in Business on Air Canada or taking WestJet for £200.

Somebody support my wallet and tell me they are ok…..

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello FCP,

let me support your wallet by telling you that they are fine. I did not fly with them myself but my business colleague uses them all the time and said they were very good.

He also had the choice of AC or WestJet and to save money he chose the latter. He paid for seats with extra legroom, took his own food and has had several excellent flights from Toronto to LAX.

He said it is not worth paying the considerable premium to fly in the domestic business or first class cabin. My colleague is a very fussy traveller and if it was not good he would not use it, so I suggest you support your wallet and give them a try but pay the extra for the exit row seats.

Please let us know what you decide to do.

Cheers,

JC

Robert1Smith
    Participant

I regularly fly routes where WestJet and Air Canada compete. For flights up to three to four hours I always choose WestJet – their Y class is far superior to Air Canada’s in every respect – including staff who are young and fun. For a much longer flight I prefer AC Executive class with the larger seats although much more costly. These seats are far superior to BA Club Europe but vastly inferior to the BA Club World seats.

Robert

EagerTraveler
    Participant

The biggest difference is loyalty programs. West jest has its own program for rewards in their planes. They have several interline agreements with other airlines but you cannot redeem Westjet’s program points for interline flights.

Air Canada is part of star alliance and provides all of the benefits of that program.

Enjoy Vegas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls