West Africa flights and flight options

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• DavidSmith2
    Participant

Hi all,

Well after a couple of years of relative inactivity, which means my legacy BA silver will revert to Bronze in a few months, it seems I will be back to regular air travel in a few weeks. But this time I will be based out of Accra, covering anglophone West Africa. So looking at the options for flights to and from Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gambia and (more challenging) Cape Verde. That as well as flight back to Europe quite often (London mainly but also Vienna, Venice, Ljubljana, Chisinau and Tirana when needed).

So any hints and tips on regional travel, travel from Accra to Europe would be welcome and hopefully I can return the favour once I have done a few flights myself.

It will also mean a return to Star Alliance (i.e. Turkish Airlines) rather than BA for all but the London flights, I imagine.

Johnnyg
    Participant

DavidSmith2

I have just returned from Sierra Leone, 3rd visit this year, flights to and from SL are very limited however there is a direct flight to Lunghi from Accra by Mid Africa Aviation flying a 737,

It is then a 35 minute $40 ferry ride across the bay to Aberdeen Freetown. If you travel to Europe from Lunghi then KLM , AF, Brussels or RAM are your options, most flight tend to leave during the night.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I am doing my utmost, so far rather successfully, to avoid inter-West African flights so can’t help much, I am afraid. That said, some European airlines are possible, notably AF and SN, as they operate lots of triangular flights. And if you want to focus on rubbish Star Alliance, then SN is your new friend. TAP is also an option sometimes, for short flights (as they use A320s to this area).

1 user thanked author for this post.

PaulHKG
    Participant

There are also, albeit not daily, options with Ethiopian (787), Emirates, Kenya on top of the triangles flown by SN and AF.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls