Well done BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Anonymous

rodders
    Participant

Mrs R and I were due to make a quick trip to Newcastle last week Jan 8th, BA cancelled the flight due to the weather and rebooked us on the 0950 on the 9th, which we then missed due to an accident on the M25. The BA staff at T5 rebooked us onto a 12.00 flight to Edinburgh, instead of the 1800 flight to Newcastle, rearranged our car hire from Newcastle to Edinburgh, for no fees, and a warm welcome from the T5 staff.
    BA at its best, thanks to all concerned.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I came back from Madrid on Monday, really didn’t feel like travelling to Brussels on Tuesday so cancelled my avios ticket 3 hours before departure thinking I had lost the avios and fees, only to be asked, when would I like to rebook!! RESULT!!

Thank you BA..

Tim2soza
    Participant

Sunday 7am called BAEC to get Domestic CEO and trainee upgraded from WTP to Club on Avios for return flight from New York. Systems playing havoc but kind lady on the phone persisted for 30 mins and won. Very happy boss = very happy me.

Gold-2K
    Participant

Flew LHR/PHL 10 days ago in F and missed a connection to South Florida due to PHL being the worst airport in USA for transfers. No further flights that day and I needed to get there, so put on a flight to Orlando and BA picked up a $450 limo bill for a 3 hour drive to get me to my destination the same day. Ground services in PHL are awful but with some persistence and one helpful member of staff, got a good result. Nice one!

And a word of warning, if connecting thru PHL (and only do it if you absolutely have to), even if you only have hand baggage, allow 2 hours at a minimum, 3 would be safer! The place is a disaster!

canucklad
    Participant

It’s nice to see that BA is receiving compliments for a change. As a BA neutral on this forum (would love to be a BA net promoter) I’d love to know if any of you, that received the best of BA have taken the opportunity to feedback to the management at BA the great service these individual employees demonstrated ?

I ask, because I’ve just asked a group of my colleagues how they would respond if a customer specifically requested to reward one of our people for delivering great service. Surprisingly, we don’t seem to have an internal process, which acknowledges the customers wish to praise or say thanks to an individual person. I now have a challenge to change my business, as I firmly believe that positive behaviour recognised and acknowledged encourages further positive behaviour!

MrMichael
    Participant

Good point Cancklad, as a BA supporter I do occasionally write to BA when I get service that I consider went beyond my expectations.

Once a month I have a recurring diary appointment, with myself, to find out who in the business has gone the extra mile over the previous month. I then write to them thanking them for their efforts, not an email, a letter, with a copy to their personal file. All incoming letters of compliment and complaint are shared with the staff involved, and often my monthly letter is due to an incoming letter from a client.

Andrew66
    Participant

I have responded with an email to BA thanking great service for a CE flight from SKG . Obviously I don’t travel as much as most contributors on here but have always enjoyed and received great friendly service from BA .i think a thank you and smile always make those you have provided good service more motivated , and if someone takes the time to write a compliment it would make an employee feel pride and recognition in their work .
    Nice to see a positive thread too

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Always thank excellent service through BAEC…

Drsimon
    Participant

We had a wonderful trip in club from lhr to cpt once where 1 entire column (front to back line of club world seats) had no power and we were unable to move the seats – they can however be manually moved if the mechanism is unlocked and brute force used – the CSD and his second in command did this with no issue at all for the entire column and on getting to our seat managed to split their trousers doing it (they were perhaps a size too small anyway if I am being honest) but they took it in greAt humour and I wrote/e-Mailed in complimenting their fantastic attitudes – if only other companies allowed praise as much as they allow complaining – good on you guys on here for actively praising your employees when due – having worked for the nhs all I was ever used to was complaint after complaint

Drsimon
    Participant

We had a wonderful trip in club from lhr to cpt once where 1 entire column (front to back line of club world seats) had no power and we were unable to move the seats – they can however be manually moved if the mechanism is unlocked and brute force used – the CSD and his second in command did this with no issue at all for the entire column and on getting to our seat managed to split their trousers doing it (they were perhaps a size too small anyway if I am being honest) but they took it in greAt humour and I wrote/e-Mailed in complimenting their fantastic attitudes – if only other companies allowed praise as much as they allow complaining – good on you guys on here for actively praising your employees when due – having worked for the nhs all I was ever used to was complaint after complaint

openfly
    Participant

Drsimon….hope the CSM gave you the 80,000 Avios that is given on long haul flights as compensation for a broken seat…..If not, all is not lost….claim through the Exec Club. Good luck

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Suddenly everyone loves BA! Quite a volte face!

canucklad
    Participant

Not quite LP, 80,000 points to me is a bit excessive in relation to the inconvenience. I wasn’t offered any points when the aircraft deposited some sort of brown gloop on me from above. I was happy enough to be given a dry cleaning chit.

How many flights from EDI to LHR return would I need to take to accumulate 80,000 points. And is it any wonder that it’s so hard to book reward flights if BA are handing out points in such a cavalier manner!

Cheeryguy
    Participant

The avios are only offered if the seat cannot be made horizontal. If the electrics fail and the seat can be made flat manually then no compensation is due.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls