Weegie Airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

They’re apparently investing 17 million toward a better future……hmmm….too little too late?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/glasgow-airport-reveals-new-logo-1-2995542

Rgds.
    AOTG.

conshaldow
    Participant

What a horrible design. I wish I could like it, but it seems a massive step down from the aged (yet still adequate) design we did have in place.

A fair few of my friends have just graduated from University doing one art/design or another (not my cup of tea) but in their final year they had to design new advertising campaigns/logos for well known companies around Scotland.

Why didn’t the airport get in on this, as i’m sure my friends could have designed something half as good in their sleep.

Also, the logo look exactly like “Clyde The Thistle”, that strange mascot for the Commonwealth Games, and that was designed by a school child.

conshaldow
    Participant

“To mark the launch, a mascot version of the logo will be walking around the airport and meeting travellers today.”

So, basically Clyde The Thistle without all the colour?

canucklad
    Participant

Interesting times ahead as EDI and GLA shape up to each other…..

Remember the days that GLA was the only airport inScotland that allowed you to fly to Europe and PIK was designated the trans atlantic airport…

Oddly, it’s the LCC’s presence at EDI that has mushroomed the vailability of destinations.

Does GLA suffer from the closish proximity of PIK I wonder ?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ AllOverTheGaff – 10/07/2013 10:11 GMT

Without knowing how much the branding exercise cost, I dare say that it will either grow on the locals or merely pass them by. In much the same way that the London 2012 logo was greeted with incredulity and bemusement to start with but comprehensively grew on at least some of us by September last year.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

About the best use for PIK;

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/music-video/dont-come-home-too-soon-official/id196348096

It is still 1-0 to the Prestwick though when it comes to having a rail link, to access GLA, EDI, DND or INV by train you always have to pull the communication cord. And as for ABZ, I just can’t find the entrance to the underground walkway from the other side of the runway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls