We are off to Scotland for Christmas, where are you going?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

• Anonymous

Charles-P
    Participant

Well we in the Charles-P household are starting the wind down to the festive season and are packing our bags this week before we leave for a big old family Christmas in Scotland – never done it before but it seemed like a good idea.
    We have rented a big house on a Loch that will enable some skiing and some walking plus the joy of all the family together in front of a big log fire in the evening. As of Friday evening the new Range Rover will be full to bursting and then it’s a two day drive to the land of free range bagpipe.

Do others have plans for something different ?

Nogbad01
    Participant

Off to Newark to see our son and his wife.
    So just like the day job, BA Club from LHR. Only this time with the full baggage allowance to get his recording studio out there.
    Might get some snow though.

BigDog.
    Participant

North Wales – Snowdon and Portmeirion – weather permitting.

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

canucklad
    Participant

Working right up to Christmas eve and then staying right here in Scotland.
    Similar to Charles P after Christmas dinner might have a wander down by the local loch, then again a good malt distilled closer to Charles’ highlands hideout might tempt me to stay put.

Although my heart will be an ocean and a continent away

By the way Charles, remember the Forth Road bridge is shut for the duration!

miningguy
    Participant

Iquitos, Peru – the largest town in the world with only airplane/boat access! My wife is flying out from London and we are heading there for a 1 week Amazon river cruise. This will be a bit of a different Christmas I think!

peter19
    Participant

Same here working until christmas eve and staying in Scotland for christmas day – off to Boston for new year.
    Enjoy the drive in the new motor, hopefully there will be a bit of snow in the hills (looking better but still forming a base) to have some fun skiing – and in the car.
    Enjoy.

AspirationalFlyer2
    Participant

Staying in London – I will take a walk through Victoria Park on Christmas Day (as per the last couple of years) – not as festive as Scotland but a nice break between all of the festive eating and drinking!

RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

1 week in Adelboden with my son to launch the ski season 2015-2016 (a little late this year).

Day after Xmas I m off to BUE + LIM to visit the family of my best friend who s getting married in June. I m best man. They are religious and I will be forced to go to church when i m there and confess for the first time in many, many years.

Will be a long list…..

Cheers,
    -Rave

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sheffield and north London for me this year… but still have 2 or 3 trips into Europe to do this year (ok… one is a boys night out)…

Charles-P
    Participant

‘canucklad’ – thanks for the reminder about the Forth Road Bridge. I’m still coming to terms with the sat nav in the new car so I’m not sure yet if it recognises that !

A first estimate is a total driving time of 13 hours over two days which surprisingly enough I am looking forward to after all the flying this year.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Staying at home in Yorkshire, with my family. Jury service in December means no more business trips until January 6th.
    Goodwill to all fellow BT forum posters.
    ST

Charles-P
    Participant

‘seasonedtraveller’ – I hope you find jury service as interesting as I did. It was about fifteen years ago when I still lived in the UK and I had a High Court fraud case, absolutely fascinating and the dynamic in the jury room was a real eye opener !

BEYbrit
    Participant

Leaving behind a very very festive Beirut to spend Christmas in the UK with family. But first, a flying visit to Doha to see some newly-relocated friends!

Merry Christmas one and all.

AP_Traveller
    Participant

I’m off to my girlfriends Mum’s in Humberside, driving up from Surrey on Christmas Eve…hoping the traffic is kind. Back down south on 27th to pick up my daughter for New Year.

I had been booked to travel to Saudi this weekend for a short business trip, which has happily been postponed until mid January today. It certainly made the girlfriend happier as there was less risk that I’d miss or be bumped off the flight home. That said, I was looking forward to catching up with friends in Bahrain, so I will miss the opportunity.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls