Washbag for liquids / Creams / Gels

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

• Anonymous

Lady-traveller
    Participant

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or under ‘security’ – so have covered both!

As a regular business traveller, I have started using a new product which has been designed specifically to carry liquids through airport security.

It is called ‘SecurityWashbag’ and it complies with all the TRANSEC (UK) and TSA (USA) requirements.

I think it was initially intended for air crew but I have found it SO much better than carrying toiletries and make up in a damned sandwich bag!

For more info and to order, see

http://www.securitywashbag.com

I can highly recommend it for those of us who have to pass through airport security on a regular basis.

TLC-not!
    Participant

What a great solution! I just ordered one. Thanks for the tip and safe travels.

TLC-not!
    http://biztravelwoes.blogspot.com

canoepunkie
    Participant

Looks good! – However I use a similar product that I picked up in Marks and Spencer’s…

travelwell
    Participant

thanks thats great, does anyone know if anyone manufactures a clear plastic hard case which can be used for the same reasons ? bags always get wripped, think Tupperware, small and flat and the same capacity as the plastic bags allowed.

Tim2soza
    Participant

Boots the Chemist (UK) have some clear bottles that are within airline regulation size. You can decant shampoo etc from larger bottles into them. The Boots bottles are see though has well. They would make a good additions to the bag you have referenced.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

The 2010 model security washbag is now available – http://www.securitywashbag.com

newtraveller
    Participant

thanks to Ladytraveller for that washbag link – just what I needed. Can anyone advise whether mascara has to go in the clear plastic bag? and what about solid stick deodorants? and contact lenses in the bubbles with liquid that they are packed in?

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Can’t answer any of those questions newtraveller (some worry amongst the committee if I could!) but just to say I’ve actually reverted to using the plain plastic bags they hand out at security. The security washbag was much stronger and did feel slightly larger in capacity although perhaps psychological, but I felt it was attracting attention from the security staff, perhaps just the novelty, but whatever their reason it generally took me longer to pass through security, with a knock-on effect on passengers behind me, as they held a confab with each other over the bag. Once it got the full monty swab treatment.

And whilst on the subject of distraction amongst the security staff, once at Liverpool John Lennon there was a somewhat scantily clad young female passenger ahead of me in the queue, who drew significantly admiring attention from the whole security staff not only in that and the adjacent channels on either side, but the whole hall of predominantly male staff on duty at the time. A somewhat concerning potential decoy although I’m sure she was entirely genuine and just getting into the Mediterranean spirit a bit earlier than was really necessary. Well seeing she wasn’t on my FR flight to Scotland anyway!!

simmy700
    Participant

The Marks and Spencer version is much better in my opinion.

From what I remember it cost me about £5 and I got 3 different sized bags. I use the smallest for the liquids that I need to take on board and the largest for the liquids I need in my case.

Not sure if the price has changed. I paid for mine about 2 years ago. I pass through airport security on average once a week, never had any problems and all the bags are still in good condition. They all have zips instead of the press and seal sandwich style bags. Happy to recommend to anybody.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am a big fan of the MUJI clear wash bag:

http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1&Sec=18&Sub=79&PID=3402

A snip at £3,50.

They are available online or in Selfridges.

They even have MUJI in the US.

Kaicat75
    Participant

I am just wondering if the size is really that important of the bag. As last week on two flights i saw security just advise people to use more than one bag if they were carrying to many liquids/gels/makeup etc to fit in one bag

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Official regulations on size below – individual security staff may feel they want to ‘interpret’ these rules in different ways and apply more lenient standards:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Publictransport/AirtravelintheUK/DG_078179

newtraveller
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for their advice about clear plastic washbags. I’ve gone with the M&S one for now, but will remember about the Muji version. I’ve also established that masacara should be in the clear bag. Guess I’ll put the contact lenses and solid deodorant in their too, just in case. Now I just need to work out how to activate the combination lock on the Delsey suitcase I’ve inherited from my mother and I’ll be all set. Thanks everyone!

Kaicat75
    Participant

Newtraveller – when in doubt put every form of makeup and beauty product in the clear bag, it saves time in the long run.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls