Vueling/Iberia Plus

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

We have finally received a response from Vueling. After navigating the intricacies of their poorly designed website to find out how to submit the request, I was able to enter the flight details to request proof that it was cancelled. I then got a ‘case number’ as an acknowledgement and a few days later a request to submit passport copies for the pax. Having done that, I’ve heard nothing further, and possibly won’t, but it is the biggest step forward so far.

anyonebutBAirways
    Participant

furthermore VY is not a ticketless airline tickets start 030 it should be possible to call VY to get the ticket number.

anyonebutBAirways
    Participant

as an apparent frequent flyer you should know that regardless of which airlines flight number/ticket you fly on operating carrier rules apply, any issues you contact the OPERATING carrier, its never been any different lol….bless

SwissExPat
    Participant

I agree wholeheartedly with Capetonian.

My advise to all PAX is Not to fly with Iberia. Ever.

If you do end up ever having to contact them, 1)get everything in writing or 2) ensure that during any phone contact with them, you get them to send you an email before ending the call to confirm what was discussed and agreed. Otherwise, you will be hung out to dry.

Avoid. Period.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Having lived in Spain for 6.5 years I can vouch for their appalling standards. Lost my bags on 5 separate occasions one of which required a claim and that took for ever on the website. As for customer service they couldnĀ“t care less

findingfoodfluency
    Participant

I had one flight with Vueling in 2021, a simple domestic Spanish affair.

The flight had a mechanical delay for 3.5 hours; consequently, Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 was triggered. Coincidentally, after finally having boarded the flight, I recorded the pilot’s announcement in Spanish and English about the reason for the delay.

Over the span of six months, I repeatedly tried contacting Vueling top brass, as well as their disdainful customer service. I also filed with Spain’s aviation body covering Regulation (EC) No 261/2004. Somehow, after six months, I got a check from them.

Meanwhile, I also contacted my credit card to file a claim. They wouldn’t act without any official acknowledgement from Vueling.
    How useless.

Eventually, I convinced them to be able to send a transcription — as well as the recording — of the pilot’s announcements.
    That sealed the deal from their side.

And this was an EU airline. What a joke.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

The correct pronunciation of the airline is “Wailing”. Its what happens most passengers end up doing with their customer service or lack of. Iberia,Vueling they are both abysmal

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls