Vueling/Iberia Plus

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

• nmtraveller
    Participant

Hi,
    Does anybody have an idea where I can find the ticket number for a Vueling booking?

On a recent Vueling booking, I was credited with Avios for the outbound but not the inbound flight. In order to claim missing Avios, Iberia is asking me for the ticket number, which is nowhere to be seen on the boarding pass or any email and booking confirmation received from Vueling.

Thanks in advance for your help.

capetonianm
    Participant

I think Vueling is a ‘ticketless’ airline (as well as a ‘pointless’ one) in which case there is no ticket number, just the record locator/booking code. It might show ET – TICKETLESS on the boarding pass.

If it was booked and ticketed by Iberia, since they code-share, the ticket number should be on your boarding pass somewhere, it will be 075-(10 digits), or they may drop the leading zero.

Sounds to me as if Iberia are just being difficult, if you send them a copy of the booking confirmation or boarding pass they can find it.

Dreadful airlines, both of them, to be avoided.

1 user thanked author for this post.

anyonebutba
    Participant

I disagree I live in Malaga and fly IB a lot, they are soooo much better than BA!the crews are friendly and energised unlike BA’s surly and cant be bothered crew, PE and Business much better on IB also

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=969521][/postquote]
    Depends on your perspective. Others might say IB is disinterested and flouts EC261 routinely. Frankly two low grade airlines, I wouldn’t use either by choice.

Slayeronwings
    Participant

Hate vueling, we were flying from Paris to Rome and the flight was cancelled, our claim for EU compensation was declined as the air space around France was busy. Their flight to BCN left with no issues. Iberia, cant stand them stuck up crew who loved to hide in the galleys in order to do as little as possible during a flight. I’ll stick to easyjet for European flights and not bother with Avios cents

capetonianm
    Participant

I …….. fly IB a lot, they are soooo much better than BA!the crews are friendly and energised unlike BA’s surly and cant be bothered crew,

That may be true but given BA’s deserved reputation, it’s not much to be proud of.

I lived in Spain and flew IB weekly, both short and long haul. They were sometimes good on some of the routes where they had competition, dreadful on those where they didn’t. Their Barajas ground staff were a particularly surly and unpleasant lot.
    It was, and probably remains, an airline run primarily for the convenience of its past and present employees and the Royal Family. I sometimes used to travel on staff GP tickets and was usually better treated than when on fullfare commercial tickets.

As for Vueling, they are a disgrace to the industry.

capetonianm
    Participant

[Trip report] Iberia Airbus A340-600 flight from Brussels to Madrid in Business Class

Most of this is mundane, but the comments about the inefficient booking and upgrade process are rather interesting and telling.

capetonianm
    Participant

Trying to assist a friend with a query over a cancelled IB flight, I am reminded of what an atrocious and badly run excuse for an airline they are.

The pax were booked on a flight from BCN on 14OCT19. Due to civil unrest and disturbances on the access road to the airport, most flights out of BCN on that day were cancelled. Not the airline’s fault and the pax are not claiming compensation.
    (Coincidentally my wife was also on a cancelled flight that day, or rather, wasn’t on it because it was cancelled.)

They flew 2 days later and missed the first 2 days of a Tauck Tour, had to pay 2 nights hotac in BCN, and then a transfer to catch up with the tour, thus were left at least £1000 out of pocket, without taking into account the loss of amenity (the 2 days of the tour.)

They want to claim on their travel insurance who have said they will pay but they need proof from Iberia that the flight was cancelled and that they flew 2 days later. You’d think this would be simple.

After numerous calls to Iberia’s representative office in JNB, they finally got a response and a case number with a promise dated 14NOV19 that they would respond within 30 days. Needless to say they have not done so, three months later.

Following this up it is clear that they do their best to make it as close to impossible as they can to make a complaint or request a proof online of the cancelled flight, a the webform errors out, although I did eventually manage to do it.

I then got two automated responses :
    An apology for the inconvenience and a promise to reply within 21 days.
    The next saying that they can’t deal with the claim because the flight was operated by their even worse subsidiary, Vueling and suggesting that we contact Vueling. As the booking was ticketed on Iberia and sold as an IB flight number, it is incumbent on Iberia to deal with it. For a delay claim etc, then it would be the operating carrier Vueling, but in this case they are wrong and trying to pass the buck.

The only email addresses I can find are :
    [email protected] – this only works if you put an Iberia Plus number into the subject line (Para poder gestionar su solicitud es necesario que en el asunto de su correo electrónico nos facilite su número de tarjeta Iberia Plus.)
    [email protected] – automatic reply asking you to call and giving numbers which cannot be called from outside Spain. Brilliant.
    [email protected] – no reply.

Any suggestions? Other than never flying Iberia which I haven’t done for possibly 15 yearsand will strenuously avoid.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

One option may be to use the dreaded social media, something I personally avoid, but I know that those of the younger generation rely on Twitter and Facebook for many things. I believe KLM respond to Twitter messages but don’t know whether same applies to IB/Vueling.

Guess your friend is not an Iberia Plus member, but could he join (no cost?) to obtain a membership number which would then allow you to use that channel to (hopefully) contact IB.

Best of luck

capetonianm
    Participant

Thanks. No, the friends don’t have IB Plus numbers, but I did think of entering mine or a dummy one but I suspect it would just give an excuse to ignore the request – which of course is what they will do anyway. I’m not sure if my FFN is even still valid as it is so long since I last flew with them, but I can remember the number (only 8 digits of which the first is a 0) so it might be worth trying.

They have written it down to bad luck and fortunately the out of pocket expenses aren’t giving them any concern, they are rather wealthy, but that is not the point, I really hate when airlines ride roughshod over pax rights and refuse to accede to a reasonable request. If they were asking for compensation it would be different, but they’re not, they’re just asking for a justification that the flight was cancelled and that they travelled 2 days later. It’s not a big deal to get it either, it’s a simple transaction code and the job processes overnight and the Past Date Record comes back onto the agent’s Queue the next day.I could have done it myself but it’s a restricted transaction to which I no longer have access.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I had a similar experience when I had to cancel a booking and needed a cancellation note from IB. I was told blunty they do not issue cancellation notices but I would get a email confirming a refund of the government tax etc. My insurance company handling the fare refund on the grounds of an accident claim, initially insisted on a cancellation note but eventually excepted the refund documentation as prrof I had cancelled my flight for genuine reasons. IB´s customer service is third rate, based on a series of lost baggage claims over 2 years, and that is being polite

2 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

A further example of how Iberia are trying to obstruct this.
    The agency has just received an automated reply in Spanish telling them that as the flight was operated by Vueling (note … booked through Iberia with Iberia flight and ticket numbers), they have to take it up with Vueling, their partner and subsidiary.

anyonebutba
    Participant

Totally Disagree I live in Torrequebrada, with Malaga being my nearest airport! I fly IB/VY over BA anyday, VY is great for short hops and IB is far superior to BA anyday. If I fly to London which I often do, I always opt for AGP/MAD/LHR on IB over BA every time if available, the meals and aircraft comforts are superior im many ways and the crew are always warm and friendly, I find those that bash IB are often not accustomed with the Spanish way of life. chill out and the service is very very good 🙂

RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

I fly a lot and I must say Vueling is simply appalling.

Several notches below both IB and BA.

-Rave

capetonianm
    Participant

I lived in Spain, go there frequently, my wife is Spanish, I speak Spanish fluently, and I totally disagree with you. Don’t patronise me and others by saying ‘we don’t understand the Spanish way of life.’

those thatbash IB are often not accustomed with the Spanish way of life. chill out and the service is very very good

When I lived in Spain I used to fly 2-4 sectors a week on Iberia, mainly European and long haul, also Puente Aereo.
    IB/VY are an utterly appalling travesty of an airline and a disgrace to a very fine and proud nation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls