Vueling/Iberia Plus

Back to Forum

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  capetonianm 4 Oct 2019
at 00:42

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• nmtraveller
    Participant

Hi,
    Does anybody have an idea where I can find the ticket number for a Vueling booking?

On a recent Vueling booking, I was credited with Avios for the outbound but not the inbound flight. In order to claim missing Avios, Iberia is asking me for the ticket number, which is nowhere to be seen on the boarding pass or any email and booking confirmation received from Vueling.

Thanks in advance for your help.

capetonianm
    Participant

I think Vueling is a ‘ticketless’ airline (as well as a ‘pointless’ one) in which case there is no ticket number, just the record locator/booking code. It might show ET – TICKETLESS on the boarding pass.

If it was booked and ticketed by Iberia, since they code-share, the ticket number should be on your boarding pass somewhere, it will be 075-(10 digits), or they may drop the leading zero.

Sounds to me as if Iberia are just being difficult, if you send them a copy of the booking confirmation or boarding pass they can find it.

Dreadful airlines, both of them, to be avoided.

1 user thanked author for this post.

anyonebutba
    Participant

I disagree I live in Malaga and fly IB a lot, they are soooo much better than BA!the crews are friendly and energised unlike BA’s surly and cant be bothered crew, PE and Business much better on IB also

SimonS1
    Participant

I disagree I live in Malaga and fly IB a lot, they are soooo much better than BA!the crews are friendly and energised unlike BA’s surly and cant be bothered crew, PE and Business much better on IB also

Depends on your perspective. Others might say IB is disinterested and flouts EC261 routinely. Frankly two low grade airlines, I wouldn’t use either by choice.

Slayeronwings
    Participant

Hate vueling, we were flying from Paris to Rome and the flight was cancelled, our claim for EU compensation was declined as the air space around France was busy. Their flight to BCN left with no issues. Iberia, cant stand them stuck up crew who loved to hide in the galleys in order to do as little as possible during a flight. I’ll stick to easyjet for European flights and not bother with Avios cents

capetonianm
    Participant

I …….. fly IB a lot, they are soooo much better than BA!the crews are friendly and energised unlike BA’s surly and cant be bothered crew,

That may be true but given BA’s deserved reputation, it’s not much to be proud of.

I lived in Spain and flew IB weekly, both short and long haul. They were sometimes good on some of the routes where they had competition, dreadful on those where they didn’t. Their Barajas ground staff were a particularly surly and unpleasant lot.
    It was, and probably remains, an airline run primarily for the convenience of its past and present employees and the Royal Family. I sometimes used to travel on staff GP tickets and was usually better treated than when on fullfare commercial tickets.

As for Vueling, they are a disgrace to the industry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BT November cover
BT November cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls