Vueling booking procedure

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Rob
    Participant

I have been trying to book a return flight with Vueling on their website without success – I would get all the way through the process but when I pressed the final button to buy the ticket, it took me back to the start.

I phoned the service desk who started the booking process again over the phone, but then stopped, went away for a few seconds and then returned to tell me that no bookings for this route (Manchester – Barcelona) could be made by credit or debit card.

I would have to use the Vueling App or website and use Amazon Pay or Paypal.

It seems a bit odd – has anyone else had this?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

That is very odd.

I would have thought that with PayPal you get a lower customer protection than if you pay by credit card.

I know it is an option with most airlines, but it’s the first time I’ve heard of it being mandatory.

capetonianm
    Participant

Sounds complete BS to me but VY is an atrocious excuse for an airline.

The flight probably operates as a BA codeshare. If I had to travel on that flight I would try to book on BA website.

!Suerte!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’ve messaged the Vueling communications team to try and get some clarity on it.

I can’t understand why it would apply to only a few routes (or just this one).

tomotley
    Participant

Well it’s very odd, because Vueling says you can use a credit card on that route.

This is what they said (via Twitter)

Vueling Airlines

Tom, we confirm you that you´ll be able to pay with credit card on the MAN-BCN route. Best regards.

Rob
    Participant

I’ve now discovered I cannot check in online for the Vueling Manchester – Barcelona route, but have to go to the desk to check in.

Never flown with Vueling before, but so far it’s making Ryanair look like a slick, customer-focused triumph for the customer!

capetonianm
    Participant

it’s making Ryanair look like a slick, customer-focused triumph for the customer!

I think that’s a very fair comment, if possibly a little unkind to Ryanair to even compare them. Possibly Air Koryo would be a more appropriate comparison.

Good luck. If they get you and your luggage to your destination on the right day you haven’t done too badly.

openfly
    Participant

@capetonianm Absolutely correct. Dreadful “airline”. The BA short-haul of the future! Avoid Vueling (and LGW!) at all costs.

[quote quote=853671]I’ve now discovered I cannot check in online for the Vueling Manchester – Barcelona route, but have to go to the desk to check in.

Never flown with Vueling before, but so far it’s making Ryanair look like a slick, customer-focused triumph for the customer![/quote]

Flightlevel
    Participant

Are they moving towards the US procedure where you have to buy their company card – so far only for excess baggage payments, with lower (or no) customer protection?
    That would save them legal costs in the long term, however doubt regulators will allow it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls