Vueling – avios

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• nmtraveller
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I am still confused about this. I purchased a Vueling flight on the BA website (issued by BA operated by Vueling). It is described as “Optima fare” when I go to the Vueling website.

On the BA website, BA says I will earn Avios. On the Vueling website, it says one can only earn Avios with Iberia Plus.

Can you please advise? Will I earn Avios with my BA account (and TP too – not many of course but every little helps…)? Or do I need to change the frequent flyer program from BA to Iberia in my booking?

Also, random question: is there any lounge access at Luton given that it is a BA issued ticket? (I am guessing not…) If not, any lunge you would recommend and that I could access with Amex Gold lounge access?

Thanks for your help.

Agamemnon
    Participant

I’ve just flown on a BA Vueling flight and despite handing over my BA card, it hasn’t shown up on my account and the BA website is confused saying you both can and can’t earn TPs and Avios. So I’ll be interested to hear what answers you have. Even then with my flight, it says to send to send copies of the ticket and boarding pass to BA by fax!

nmtraveller
    Participant

Hi Agamemnon,
    So i can now confirm I have been credited with both Avios and TP. Note that I purchased the ticket from BA website. With a previous Vueling flight bought on the Vueling website, I was not able to get any avios or TP.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls