Vueling and lounge access

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

FlyingDoc
    Participant

Hi there,

I wonder if any of you have flown Vueling lately ? They are partly owed by Iberia, and they seem to have taken over a number of Heathrow to Spain flight routes from Iberia itself. They are a low cost airline.

I am due to fly to Bilbao soon with them, directly from Heathrow. I hold a gold BA executive club card, which in principle would give me access to the 1st class lounge at T3 with a guest, but although the ticket has been bought on the Iberia website and has an IB code, does anyone know whether this offers me access to the lounge at all ? I am aware that I can use the lounge in Bilbao with my card anyway ( a bit of a waste of space, to be honest, but better than nothing…), but what about the BA run lounge at T3?

Many thanks.

Shearer
    Participant

I can’t find anything about it apart from:

A Silver or Gold member of the British Airways Executive Club, flying with British Airways or one of our airline partners.

Given that you have an IB flight number I’d say you would be fine.

FlyingDoc
    Participant

Thanks NIRscot,

I guess I’ll have to try it and see what happens..

Binman62
    Participant

I hope that you get in however I do not think you will as they are not a BA partner…..yet. Good luck

Shearer
    Participant

Will they be aware of codeshare flights?

Ticket has Iberia flight number.

Binman62
    Participant

IB operate from T5 so the IB flight number will stand out. Does not mean it will get picked up but be prepared to be refused. Anything else is a bonus

Shearer
    Participant

Ah! Of course. Never thought of that.

Ellwood
    Participant

FlyingDoc
    I was wondering what the outcome of this was? Did you manage to get into the lounge? I am about to do the same to Florence, Vueling flight, IB code and BA status (only Silver).

If you could let us know…?

GNSpain
    Participant

I often fly vueling and I am iberia plus gold, saphire ow, i cam use lounge if ticket is issued by IB, not if its vueling. Dont know with BAEC card.
    Hope will help

FlyingDoc
    Participant

HI all, sorry, I lost track of this thread somehow..

We managed to get to the BA 1st Class longer at T3, but I got the impression we could have as easily been turned away: thankfully we used the IB self check in machines as we only had hand luggage and the queue to the check in desks was massive – so the boarding passes had the IB logo in it, although it then stated the flight was operated by Vueling.

At the lounge a very nice staff member was just getting the boarding pass scanned (they didn’t), but she manually inputted the IB flight details murmuring to herself that as long as this wasn’t a Vueling flight… she just waved us through anyway – I didn’t want to ask anything else so just headed for the champagne bar area !

I got the firm impression that , as GermanNavarro states, if IB issues the boarding card, and flight booked as an IB codeshare, you might be in luck, but if booked and showing Vueling codes then you’d be denied access – perhaps now that IAG are taking control of Vueling this will change ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls