VS/BA status match

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

I received the following prompt and helpful e-mail from Virgin Atlantic customer services in response to my query as to how to go about the status match:

‘Please email the following information to me:
    a) Your Flying Club membership number
    b) Details of your forthcoming flight
    c) A copy of your British Airways membership card and statement confirming your current status level.
    d) Your proposed frequency and class of travel with Virgin Atlantic in the next seven months.’

I would be interested to hear if it is worth having a VS Silver card. It has been several years since I last flew Virgin.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

As long as the status match card provides clubhouse lounge access… go for it…

Currently in the Gatwick lounge and I have to say, I was slightly taken aback how all the staff either remember me OR have a brief on who is likely to be passing through.

I really felt loved today……

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Alexpo

I don’t think Silver gets you much apart from ability to use Premium Economy check in desks. If they match to Gold then definitely worth it as you’ll get lounge access, but Silver is rather limited apart from a few extra miles you’ll earn each time you fly.

Have a good trip Martyn

Raffles99
    Participant

If you fly Little Red at the moment they will give you a status match form on the flight. No requirement to highlight your flight plans either!

You also get 10,000 miles for a Gold match, 5000 for Silver. Golds also get 2000 miles on their birthday!

Since you can cash in 12500 VS miles for a £50 Virgin Group or Theatre Tokens voucher it is worth doing even if you have no plans to redeem with them.

(Put another way, if a BA Gold takes a one way on Little Red, he gets enough free miles for another four one ways!)

And, of course, Gold will get you into the very pleasant Aer Lingus lounge on Little Red flights post the T2 move on Sep 10th.

BigDog.
    Participant

Martyn- an ipad/Tablet/Google Glass works wonders as an aide memoir. Many VS service personnel from Limo drivers through cabin crew have access so are clued up as to who is passing through wherever.

Here I come Edinburgh. Watch out!!

MarcusGB
    Participant

Hi Alex.
    I had a Gold with VS, but some awful flights so left them for other Airlines.
    However you don’t get much at all with their Silver level and not lounge access unless that has been changed.

The Flying Club has also deteriorated in the last 2 years i was a member.
    It was Impossible getting flights at al on ANY Air New Zealand flights, i spoent hours and every request was rejected. I hear this from others wanting to use their miles on other Airlines. I asked for one flight in a months on any route and they had nothing. So much for them listing their links with Aikr New Zeland as there are no redemptions at all.

They also upped the tier levels, and most routes increased 20% for the miles redemptions. It was also extremnely hard to try to get one of their flights either, and you can use their v good award booking on line tool, but only for flights with them.

If i were in your position now, i wouldnt bother.

I have switched my Business toi Etihad and gained a Gold Staus already, and alwys had a Gold KLM card for Skyteam.
    These give great benefits, and even the EY Silver card gave extra allowances use of lounges , but with VS, I am afraid redemptions are poor and hard to get,, earnings are less,which is one of the reasons i do not give them my Business anymore.

It was a big issue being discussed on BT at the time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls