VS to replace BMI’s LHR flights with its own metal

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• LHR_Fan
    Participant

VS even threatened to set up a domestic/shorthaul airline when BA purchased Dan Air in the 90’s. That too never happened.

rferguson
    Participant

So…wheres the announcement of the launch of London – Scotland flights?

Why am I not surprised…..?

LeTigre
    Participant

While I do work for them, I feel that this time VS really aren’t at fault.

The EU have decided that they won’t decide on the slot allocation until the end of the year, and even then the allocation won’t come into effect until S13 at the earliest. VS management are fuming!

It does seem a bit unfair that BA got the Bmi decision in a month while VS have to wait a year and a half until it finds out what could be a huge change.

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Branson is so full of hot air…..just another publicity stunt or marketing campaign i guess

LeTigre
    Participant

Didn’t you read my post?

The authorities haven’t decided. Simples.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Not sure I understand LeTigre, what has the EU to do with it? Surely if VS have the slots they can use them? Isn’t it anyway a British Government decision on who can fly where internally?

LordKenT
    Participant

VS can not afford any slots, suspect holding company had to sell Air Asia and Virgin Trains shares just to survive what is turning out to be a dire summer for Premium traffic on the Atlantic. Maybe the current BA Business Class ex US sale is aimed to undermine them even more.

PS: Whatever happened to Virgin Express

rferguson
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification about the slots LeTigre.

I must say though after all the noise that Branson made in the media trying to block the BA/BD tie up the silence since has been deafening since.

I would have thought they would have continued on with a very loud and public campaign to a) obtain the slots and b) their intention to launch domestic flights,

Bucksnet
    Participant

LP, the EU should not control internal UK flights and slot allocations at UK airports, but it does. It will continue to do so until we leave.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Of course Virgin have slots that are leased out, if they were so keen to start domestic services they could have recovered them and services could have started by now. Oh, but of course, if they had, they wouldn’t be able to complain about the current situation would they which is more their goal than ever operating UK domestic services.

I agree, more hot air from Branson.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls