VS to replace BMI’s LHR flights with its own metal

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

• LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Let’s not hold our breath waiting for Virgin to do anything. They could have bought BD!

LeTigre
    Participant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/9265127/Virgin-Atlantic-installs-music-studio-for-rock-stars-at-Heathrow-airport.html

I wonder if they get royalties on the music produced?

That’s one way of thinking outside the box…

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

I have to admit that Virgin seems to shoot in all directions sometimes, almost as if they’re hoping to hit something, anything or just stir up controversy, but of course they’re not as bad as Ryanair. But I’m glad to see an active competitor against BA. Here in Australia we have something similar in Virgin Australia taking the game to Qantas, while I have plenty of time for Qantas (unlike some people and especially many Aussies!) I reckon an active competitor is in everyone’s best interest.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

When I looked at the article in the Mail, most people were against the idea of mobiles working on planes. I definitely am. With people often on different time zones, imagine your neighbours phone going off full volume just as you’re nicely sleeping, and then having to endure listening involuntarily to their (most likely) inane conversation!

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Will they also provide a dedicated space in the aircraft for those who like to pace up and down while they use the mobile phone? Why do some people walk around incessantly when on the mobiles?

HongKongLady
    Participant

I would love to see Virgin offer regional flights, I just don’t think they will. Many years ago British Midland flew once a day from East Midlands to Heathrow, not much but still a service that could be utalised. Birmingham too is an airport that doesn’t have a connection to the South.
    Yes there are trains but trains and luggage are just not a good combination !

canucklad
    Participant

i agree with VK regarding the mobile phone conversation…No need for them on an aircraft !

I remember a couple of years ago sitting in a busy upstairs BD lounge at T1….having to listen to 3 self important marble mouthed suited nonsense boys! Yakking a on their phones making world saving decisions..you get the drift folks !

After 20 or so minutes they noticed I hadn’t used my mobile phone, and enquired why ?when i told that apart from my house keys,some loose change and my wallet everything else was in my checked bag! Aghast —the 3 blowhards then asked how people could contact me? When I explained my weekend starts as soon as I leave work and in the taxi–and in any case if it was an emergency they would know where to contact me ( BD62 every week) I went back to enjoying my well deserved malt …Tthen overheard them muttering to themselves that i must be some sort of CEO or equalivant…” He’s so important that he doesnt need a phone” Genius…

If they could have seen me 5 hours later attempting to scoff a kebab on the wayhome their dellusions would have been truely shattered !!

skyguy79
    Participant

VK hits the nail on the head..VS love publicity and Mr Beardson loves being in the limelight.

He’ll be starting Virgin Afghanistan next !

skyguy79
    Participant

There is more chance of Virgin Ethiopia or Virgin Mongolia than Virgin UK Airways…..

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

If there were any truth in this it would never have been announced in Australia, wouldn’t old beardy have been splashing himself all over the front pages. That he hasn’t been speaks loudly enough.

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

slightly off topic, but saw this about VS leaving Kenya market

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate+News/Virgin+Atlantic+withdraws+Nairobi+London+route/-/539550/1407096/-/cv09d7/-/index.html

not sure if true as i went online and VS still showing availability in Oct.

With all the Middle East carriers coming in to East AFrica, it seems an odd time for VS to be leaving

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

It’s probably the gulf carriers that have finished VS off on the route. It’s not a big detour and as we know, the product offering on the gulf carriers is good.

skyguy79
    Participant

there is more chance of Beardy creating Virgin SkyGuyManchester than this silliness !

Shearer
    Participant

I am a huge fan of Virgin Atlantic – but I can’t help thinking that they cruised a long time when BA was embroiled in dispute after dispute, T5 chaos etc.

The sleeping giant is now awake and VS has been caught napping…

canucklad
    Participant

Nairobi slot for 4th New York rotation is what it looks like !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls