Voyages Jules Verne – BMI Flight to Amman

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

londonboy
    Participant

A few months a go I booked a holiday with Voyages Jules Verne for a 9 day holiday to Jordan flying BMI LHR-AMM in business class. I was told when I booked that the return flight from Amman was at 08.25. Imagine my surprise when after paying the balance of the holiday I found out on the BMI website that the flight had been changed to 05.20!!

VJV did not tell me of the timing change when I paid. A warning to all to check EVERY detail before parting with your cash.

travelworld
    Participant

I got caught out by the Explore holiday company on 3 January when my joining details told me to report to T5 at 0420 for an 0620 BA flight to Madrid as the first sector of an LHR -Quito flight. I didn’t engage brain and realise that the bag drops at T5 don’t actually open until 0500 and, astonishingly, there are no retail outlets of any description whatsoever open, so no cup of coffee available either. Indeed, I sat in a quite full but otherwise shut T5 for 40 minutes clutching bag and feeling cross!

Moreover, the T5 first class lounge doesn’t open until 0530…..

Dear londonboy,

We regret that you were not entirely satisfied with the arrangements for your return flight.

It is correct that when the reservation was made the flight departure time was 08.25. Unfortunately the airline made a schedule change, over which we have no control. We do mention when booking that all timings are provisional and final details will be listed in our Joining Instructions which are sent two weeks prior to departure. Nevertheless, I can appreciate that this was disappointing for you.

Fortunately, this is not a regular occurrence and should schedule changes affect the planned itinerary then we would of course contact our client’s to advise of any amendments to the original tour.

With thanks and kind regards,

VJV – Customer Services

londonboy
    Participant

Dear VJV Customer Services

Thank you for your response. However, you’ve not dealt with my my main gripe of why I was not told of a significant time change to the return flight – both in terms of time (over three hours) and the time of day (05.20 in the morning).

Surely before I paid the balance of the holiday your represenative should have pointed this out?

jclassflyer
    Participant

I think this is appaling. VJV should have told you of such a significant change to the time of your flight back from Amman. You’ll be getting picked up in the early hours, so hardly any sleep that night!

I wonder if they knew but did not tell you?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls