volcanic ash disruption: Aer Lingus

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

PatJordan
    Participant

At time of writing, I hope to be able to travel from Dublin to Paris CDG this weekend (to bring my grandchildren to Disneyland Paris) but don’t know whether this will be possible.

Aer Lingus have an excellent bulletin on their website, and offer the option to change bookings affected by the disruption with the usual change fees waived.

This is a most generous gesture, and one which I feel should be highlighted.

I am an ordinary passenger, not even a Gold Circle member, yet I am offered this facility…thank you Aer Lingus.

PatJordan
    Participant

Since my last post, I have changed my (disrupted) flights on the Aer Lingus website. All additional fares and charges which would normally be payable were waived in full.

As my daugters and grand-children were travelling too, I had booked adjoining seats. Being anxious to retain this, I telephones the Aer Lingus help desk to arrange adjoining seats on the new flights. Not only was this done within seconds but my offer to pay the assigned seating charge again was politely declined: no need Sir, you’ve already paid this charge.

At a time when the aviation industry is suffering huge revenue losses it is so refreshing to see an airline doing so much for it’s customers. Well done Aer Lingus.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Or even its customers.

Well done Aer Lingus!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls