Visa on arrival

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• Charles-P
    Participant

Although I find the Indian attitude annoying and the Visa issue has certainly reduced the investment I have made in the country in their defence it is worth looking at the way Indian citizens are treated by the UK government when they are applying for a Visa. Indian citizens must jump through multiple hoops with reams of paperwork to be completed and appointments to be undertaken. In addition UK authorities are known to reject a claim without explanation based on the opinion of UK Border Agency staff alone.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

alexpo1 – 100% YES – great for cambodia/indonesia/vietnam and more – even egypt but, of course, no longer india/russia and countries given a hard time by the mad UK immigration procedures for tourists/business visitors –

why such a fuss for so many places where no one with other options would wish to relocate to permanently other than irritation….

the idiots don’t even realize that multiple visits to Embassies in London are a pain in the neck for those who do not live there…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

UKBA are very good at rejecting those who bring wealth to the country. You have to wonder whose side they’re on?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Harry Monk, Charles-P, I just spoke to one of my colleagues here in India. He tells me that the cost of a UK visa for an India national is now 15,000 rupees, over 150 pounds. But then my british colleague just had to get an expedited business visa to visit India – 400 pounds, plus another 375 for the visa agent!

JordanD
    Participant

Hate to say it, Ian_from_HKG but your colleague got ripped off, big time. Cost is £133 for an urgent business visa, plus £30 fee. Full details on the official website below.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/urgent_business.html

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls