Virgin West Coast First Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• PeterBeglan
    Participant

What a disgrace – do not waste your money.

The menu looks great – what do you really get on West Coast.

Choice between a lack lustre salad or salmon sandwich or cake. No other course (cheese & bicuits or pudding).

The staff cannot get through the carriage fast enough – customer service basically zero – absolutely amazing.

I was really looking forward to the first class service – it is worse than a shambles.

Book standard and go to the on board shop much cheaper!

Anonymous

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Thats interesting as my recent experience is nothing like that.

I arrived at Euston approx 40 mins before my train so headed to the First Class lounge. Checked a few emails and had a coffee and danish pastry with some orange juice. Went down to the platorm about 25 minutes later and took my seat.

Immediately on departure very helpful staff came through with tea and coffee. Breakfast orders were taken. i went for Special K Cereal, some toast, the salmon and scrambled egg. Had more orange juice and more tea.

Incidentally my ticket was £70 cheaper than standard class don’t know why but I was very impressed.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

PeterBeglan – Thanks for the check. You never mentioned the route, the date or the time of day.

The last two Virgin Trains first class checks aroused much feedback.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Virgin-Euston-to-Birmingham-First-Class

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Virgin-Trains-race-to-bottom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls